UFC/MMA Thread - 2020

That MVP score was a joke

Must have been the only person in there who saw it that way.
That 1 judge who gave him it? 🤷😂 shouldn't be allowed to judge again. It was a shit fight to watch but storley had takedowns every round and from them moments won the rounds, mvp never really troubled him standing although the threats always there, he maybe won 1 round for me
Worth watching the card on catch up?
Yes apart from the main event

That 1 judge who gave him it? 🤷😂 shouldn't be allowed to judge again. It was a shit fight to watch but storley had takedowns every round and from them moments won the rounds, mvp never really troubled him standing although the threats always there, he maybe won 1 round for me

Yes apart from the main event
Sound. Will catch up tomorrow.

Aye mate, it’s a f***ing scandal he did. Like you say, not a pretty fight and Page only looked decent as long as he was upright which was never long. I agree he won the 4th. Still flabbergasted at it man.

Its shit though. How can you win a fight by doing absolutely Zero damage on an opponent? Fuck the wrestling, I scored it for MVP too haha. Atleast he hit him a few times at the start of each round. That was more than the American did in the four minutes he.... what? Held him down? EVen on the ground he hit the American more. Awful fight but that was John Fitch levels of leg humping. Shocking. HAHA I'm full of cold so in a bad mood x

Its shit though. How can you win a fight by doing absolutely Zero damage on an opponent? Fuck the wrestling, I scored it for MVP too haha. Atleast he hit him a few times at the start of each round. That was more than the American did in the four minutes he.... what? Held him down? EVen on the ground he hit the American more. Awful fight but that was John Fitch levels of leg humping. Shocking. HAHA I'm full of cold so in a bad mood x
Haha, it's shite to watch but he got takedown and controlled the fight, mvp didn't land anything significant either, if your only scoring stand up you should be watching k1 mara.....😂
He only landed a few at the beginning of the round as each round starts in his favour, if it was 1 round like the old days he'd of been on his back for 23 minutes... lunging in was getting him taken down aswel, if he wasn't fighting like a nob he could of kept the distance much better with his reach

Get well soon

Haha, it's shite to watch but he got takedown and controlled the fight, mvp didn't land anything significant either, if your only scoring stand up you should be watching k1 mara.....😂
He only landed a few at the beginning of the round as each round starts in his favour, if it was 1 round like the old days he'd of been on his back for 23 minutes... lunging in was getting him taken down aswel, if he wasn't fighting like a nob he could of kept the distance much better with his reach

Get well soon
Thanks mate.
I know he got beat haha, just hate that one style. I'm a huge fan of grappling and two high level BJJ practitioners going at it, fascinates me.
Just, in my defence and to create a bit discussion on it..... the first criteria on scoring (in mma) is damage isn't it? Ya not doing damage controlling someone's hips for 20 minutes haha

...... aaahhhhchoooo!!!!

Wrestling can win a fight like. As dull as it can be it's up to the bloke on his back to find a way to get back up.
Thanks mate.
I know he got beat haha, just hate that one style. I'm a huge fan of grappling and two high level BJJ practitioners going at it, fascinates me.
Just, in my defence and to create a bit discussion on it..... the first criteria on scoring (in mma) is damage isn't it? Ya not doing damage controlling someone's hips for 20 minutes haha

...... aaahhhhchoooo!!!!
You're correct the first criteria is damage. Good example is the Vera Vs Font fight the other week where Font landed alot more strikes but Chito was being a vicious little kernt when he did work and got the win. Did MVP do much damage at all?

Last edited:
Wrestling can win a fight like. As dull as it can be it's up to the bloke on his back to find a way to get back up.

You're correct the first criteria is damage. Good example is the Vera Vs Font fight the other week where Font landed alot more strikes but Chito was being a vicious little kernt when he did work and got the win. Did MVP do much damage at all?
Nah, nowt really haha. Hit him more, but caused no damage as such. Made more effort. The American done nothing at all. Hate it.
Last thing Bellator needs is a welterweight champ who fights like John Fitch haha

Last edited:

Back