UFC/MMA Thread - 2020

Based on what? His entire CV is literally full of bum unranked fighters, a celebrity and 2 people who were past it. You could also argue Diaz shouldn't of been sanctioned, the man has no business fighting at 170, the division has progressed well above what Diaz is physically capable of in terms of how big the guys are, although Diaz could probably still do a job at 155 if he really wanted it. But back on topic, He hasn't fought a ranked opponent in over 3 years (Cowboy).

Covid fucked him over a bit, but it doesn't excuse the fact when Masvidal fell apart, another ranked fighter came along he response was 'Time for a holiday'.

I understand the problem now, he's allergic to ranked fighters.
Plenty fair points in there and I guess we'll just have to disagree. I think he deserves a shot, but mostly as there's few others worthy of it right now combined with his winning run.

Based on what? His entire CV is literally full of bum unranked fighters, a celebrity and 2 people who were past it. You could also argue Diaz shouldn't of been sanctioned, the man has no business fighting at 170, the division has progressed well above what Diaz is physically capable of in terms of how big the guys are, although Diaz could probably still do a job at 155 if he really wanted it. But back on topic, He hasn't fought a ranked opponent in over 3 years (Cowboy).

Covid fucked him over a bit, but it doesn't excuse the fact when Masvidal fell apart, another ranked fighter came along he response was 'Time for a holiday'.

I understand the problem now, he's allergic to ranked fighters.
‘His entire CV is literally full of bum unranked fighters” stopped reading after this, assume the rest of post has no balance Either like?

He was on ultimate fighter in 2013, madness.

Obviously had some injuries which meant he hardly fought outside of this year
Remember him being mentioned on the local scene long before that. Just checked and his pro debut was 2008 and I've realised I was at two of his fights and Rainton meadows. Can't remember them like.

Back