UFC/MMA Thread - 2020

Wait for a Dagestani to rock up and bray them.

Ironically it's a Kazakh who has the best chance of upsetting the Welterweights, everyone dodging Rakhmonov like everyone dodged Makhachev and look how that turned out.

Absolutely no one coming up through the Featheweights however, it's a dead division with 2 blokes high and far above the rest.

Ironically it's a Kazakh who has the best chance of upsetting the Welterweights, everyone dodging Rakhmonov like everyone dodged Makhachev and look how that turned out.

Absolutely no one coming up through the Featheweights however, it's a dead division with 2 blokes high and far above the rest.
Rakhmonov does look special like.

I had high for Zabit as a potential champ at 145 but looks like he's not coming back.

Unless Dana announces him and Usman soon, I fear he'll be left out again if there's a big performance from a luque or a Chimaev in the meantime. Shan if thats the case like. Chimaev versus the winner at international fight week next summer would be my plan.

Can't see how Edwards deserves it tbh, he nearly got finished by a part-time celebrity.

Aye he absolutely dominated the previous 4 rounds but that's a pyrrhic victory as I've ever seen. Nearly losing to Diaz at 170 and then going for Usman or Colby is like signing your life away.

Last edited:
Can't see how Edwards deserves it tbh, he nearly got finished by a part-time celebrity.

Aye he absolutely dominated the previous 4 rounds but that's a pyrrhic victory as I've ever seen. Nearly losing to Diaz at 170 and then going for Usman or Colby is like signing your life away.
Nah, still won. Its a nine fight win streak in a very competitive division. Getting clipped once in a five round fight doesn't mean he should be forgotten about man haha

That's a bit of a mental statement. He's 9 unbeaten and won that fight easily. Should he lose all that for being clipped in one round and not losing?

That's a bit of a mental statement. He's 9 unbeaten and won that fight easily. Should he lose all that for being clipped in one round and not losing?

I understand the argument of he's won 9 in a row, but outside of Luque who's he actually beat? Beating a celebrity and 2 people well past it doesn't count as good victories for me.

If anything, the Belal Muhammad fight needs to be ran back, or atleast have a big name on his CV.

If Chimaev got a title shot after ragging a bunch of bums there'd be an outrage so I can't see why there isnt here.

There's only 1 fight on tomorrow and that's JoJo v Santos, that's a stunning matchup and should be the main event.

I'll give Grant a watch however, reminds me a bit of Ross Pearson, just someone who's going nowhere but fights for the sake of it. Very likeable old school fella but don't expect much in terms of actual results.

Last edited:
I understand the argument of he's won 9 in a row, but outside of Luque who's he actually beat? Beating a celebrity and 2 people well past it doesn't count as good victories for me.

If anything, the Belal Muhammad fight needs to be ran back, or atleast have a big name on his CV.

If Chimaev got a title shot after ragging a bunch of bums there'd be an outrage so I can't see why there isnt here.
He's not to blame that multiple fights have been cancelled or fallen away, and he was clearly beasting Muhammed before the eye poke. Usman has rattled through everyone else in that time, Edwards totally deserves his shot now. He'll lose like, right enough.

He's not to blame that multiple fights have been cancelled or fallen away, and he was clearly beasting Muhammed before the eye poke. Usman has rattled through everyone else in that time, Edwards totally deserves his shot now. He'll lose like, right enough.

Based on what? His entire CV is literally full of bum unranked fighters, a celebrity and 2 people who were past it. You could also argue Diaz shouldn't of been sanctioned, the man has no business fighting at 170, the division has progressed well above what Diaz is physically capable of in terms of how big the guys are, although Diaz could probably still do a job at 155 if he really wanted it. But back on topic, He hasn't fought a ranked opponent in over 3 years (Cowboy).

Covid fucked him over a bit, but it doesn't excuse the fact when Masvidal fell apart, another ranked fighter came along he response was 'Time for a holiday'.

I understand the problem now, he's allergic to ranked fighters.

Last edited:
Based on what? His entire CV is literally full of bum unranked fighters, a celebrity and 2 people who were past it. You could also argue Diaz shouldn't of been sanctioned, the man has no business fighting at 170, the division has progressed well above what Diaz is physically capable of in terms of how big the guys are, although Diaz could probably still do a job at 155 if he really wanted it. But back on topic, He hasn't fought a ranked opponent in over 3 years (Cowboy).

Covid fucked him over a bit, but it doesn't excuse the fact when Masvidal fell apart, another ranked fighter came along he response was 'Time for a holiday'.

I understand the problem now, he's allergic to ranked fighters.
Other than Luque and Chimaev he is the only one in the top 10 who has won more than 1 fight in a row. He should fight Luque in a number one contender fight.

Back