UFC/MMA Thread - 2013

payne

Midfield
Although he's getting beat Poirier seems to be getting back to his feet more than most. Khabib dominating though.
some boy......

Last edited:

Ciro_DiMarzio

Central Defender
Canny hard Khabib like.
Hate this side of the sport. Great fighters just heartbroken about being second best.

Last edited:
Ferguson is the only one that can make it awkward because he's so random in his entries and his 10th Planet BJJ is do random in the grip/escapes. I don't think Khabib has fought a 10th Planet guy before? He eats strikers for fucking breakfast, and he mauls black belts in Gracie BJJ, so I'm hoping to see Ferguson push him just by being a completely different puzzle to solve.

Hats off to Khabib, that was incredible. He's amazing.

Tommasi

Striker
Ferguson is the only one that can make it awkward because he's so random in his entries and his 10th Planet BJJ is do random in the grip/escapes. I don't think Khabib has fought a 10th Planet guy before? He eats strikers for fucking breakfast, and he mauls black belts in Gracie BJJ, so I'm hoping to see Ferguson push him just by being a completely different puzzle to solve.

Ciro_DiMarzio

Central Defender

One thing we haven't seen Khabib fight yet is another elite wrestler.

Ferguson won't be worried about being on his back which will be a help. It might be a tactic to not try and stay upright with Khabib on his back fatiguing Ferguson in that fight.
I think saying that he "wont' be worried about being on his back" is too simple. Poirier is a black belt, he would've give a shit about being on his back, same with many others... It's the things that 10th planet do off their back as an attack that's different. But also, Khabib doesn't really let anyone on their back, he fucking them up when their front is on the mat and his chest is on their back.
One thing we haven't seen Khabib fight yet is another elite wrestler.
There isn't one at his weight.

Ciro_DiMarzio

Central Defender
I think saying that he "wont' be worried about being on his back" is too simple. Poirier is a black belt, he would've give a shit about being on his back, same with many others... It's the things that 10th planet do off their back as an attack that's different. But also, Khabib doesn't really let anyone on their back, he fucking them up when their front is on the mat and his chest is on their back.

Gaethje is the closest we have I think based on college credentials.

payne

Midfield

Maybe, worried was the wrong word. I think he's more comfortable than most being in that position. I take you point though, Khabib doesn't let you be anywhere thats not in his control on the ground.

I think I'm just hoping for someone who can give him a competitive match. All we've had so far are fleeting moments against khabib. Johnson had a punch, Laquinta went the distance and even Poirier seemed to wobble Khabib and pile on the pressure for 10 seconds in the 2nd. I suppose I just want to watch a challenge rather than a domination
Gaethje is the closest we have I think based on college credentials.
That would be interesting as he'd be forced to actually use his wrestling rather than being happy in a slugfest

Last edited: