UFC/MMA Thread - 2013

Discussion in 'SMB' started by West Ryder, May 24, 2013.

1. CheersMarra84

CheersMarra84 Winger

Quick turnaround like, I hope his balls have cooled down by then.

2. Makes no sense to me, like.

3. coyneeee

coyneeee Winger

DC wants to retire on his birthday so I can imagine the thinking is cash him in as much as possible starting with the #1 contender

Lesnar’s ban is over soon so I imagine he’ll be next

4. kamaras-tash

kamaras-tash Winger

Nate/Dustin is off :cry:

vote quimby likes this.
  5. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

First thing I saw when I looked at my phone :evil:. Undisclosed injury? Could be a USADA issue.

6. kamaras-tash

kamaras-tash Winger

Aye not the best news to wake up to, they reckon Diaz will still be on the card

vote quimby likes this.
  7. Absolutely baffling they’re letting Lewis fight not even a month after being in a tough fight against Volkov, absolutely stinks infact.

Easy win for DC I feel, and he probably thinks that too. Earns a shit load of money, and still has the lesnar option after this.
    No way are we going to see him back at LW, he must walk around at 265 now :lol:

8. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

Please be Homer Simpson.

9. FriendlySoul

FriendlySoul Central Defender

The DC/Lewis fight makes no sense to me at all either...

I'm certainly not excited about it (and I love both of them). They've obviously hoyed a load of money at the, most probably A LOT more than Lewis has ever had, in an attempt to save the card.

Fair enough, they both get a pocket full of cash, but the fight IMO is of no benefit to either of them, apart from the monetary value..

kamaras-tash likes this.
  10. coyneeee

coyneeee Winger

Nate's response is just vintage Nate

"Just give me Khabib then" :D

11. safcsafc

safcsafc Midfield

I dont get what people like about watching Lewis. Even with his ko power hes boring to watch. He looks knackered after about a minute.
    Got lucky against Volkov who made a bad decision and should of backed off for the last few seconds. He was getting well beat until then.
    His fight before that against ngannou was one of the worst I've seen in ufc.

12. Fuck me. 4 to 5 rds if watching Khabib be a blanket on Diaz

No thanks.

Ferguson or Lee versus Khabib are fascinating match ups.

He’s fucking tedious imo.
    Nganmou fight was shocking and volkov simply fucked up with seconds to go. Not much at heavyweight I suppose. Volkov must be kicking himself , blaydes maybe but he’s another tedious fucker.

Love to have seen the reem as least you would have full on excitement for a few minutes

Ufc 230 still canny without Dustin tbf
    Some cracking fights like

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 5:07 PM
    safcsafc and BigPete like this.
  13. coyneeee

coyneeee Winger

That wasn't Lewis' fault though. That's because NGannou ended up being a complete hype job but didnt live upto it.

Lewis is liked because he's your ultimate stereotype of an old school heavyweight - Fat, slow and completely destructive. The same reason why people liked Roy Nelson and he wasn't exactly world class, he was just very entertaining

Mackem DJ and vote quimby like this.
  14. Aye. Get Roy nelson back

I can live with that. He will stand and bang with dc.
    Btw Lewis wa also tedious as fuck in the ngannou fight.

As a results, Diaz “also will not fight on the card,” UFC President Dana White told the Los Angeles Times

15. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

I reckon there'll be plenty willing to take that Nate fight on short notice. Fuck sake man

16. I think masivadal already has at 170...

Just noticed it’s Valentino v jj again at 231

Eubank is going fucking apeshit on Twitter :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 5:41 PM
    vote quimby likes this.
  17. luvulongtime

luvulongtime Striker

vote quimby likes this.
  18. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

Jon Jones bones vs Gus booked for December 29 card :eek::p. DC stripped of title.

CheersMarra84 likes this.
  19. Gerrrrrrrrin

vote quimby likes this.
  20. CheersMarra84

CheersMarra84 Winger

About time. After this fight though, subject to Jones winning, there’s nothing left for him at Light Heavyweight. He has to go up to Heavyweight, and what better way to top DC’s achievement than beating him for the HW Title.

SnakeEyes and vote quimby like this.