UFC/MMA Thread - 2013

Setting up for 1 more fight against Jones before DC retires? Not sure where Jones is at with being able to fight again.

Funny that Lewis was saying after his fight on Saturday he doesn't have the cardio for a title shot and now he gets one in 4 weeks time...seems a desperate main event put together for 230.
Makes no sense to me, like.

coyneeee

Winger
DC wants to retire on his birthday so I can imagine the thinking is cash him in as much as possible starting with the #1 contender

Lesnar’s ban is over soon so I imagine he’ll be next

FriendlySoul

Central Defender
The DC/Lewis fight makes no sense to me at all either...

I'm certainly not excited about it (and I love both of them). They've obviously hoyed a load of money at the, most probably A LOT more than Lewis has ever had, in an attempt to save the card.

Fair enough, they both get a pocket full of cash, but the fight IMO is of no benefit to either of them, apart from the monetary value..

safcsafc

Midfield
I dont get what people like about watching Lewis. Even with his ko power hes boring to watch. He looks knackered after about a minute.
Got lucky against Volkov who made a bad decision and should of backed off for the last few seconds. He was getting well beat until then.
His fight before that against ngannou was one of the worst I've seen in ufc.

Nate's response is just vintage Nate

"Just give me Khabib then" :D
Fuck me. 4 to 5 rds if watching Khabib be a blanket on Diaz

No thanks.

Ferguson or Lee versus Khabib are fascinating match ups.

I dont get what people like about watching Lewis. Even with his ko power hes boring to watch. He looks knackered after about a minute.
Got lucky against Volkov who made a bad decision and should of backed off for the last few seconds. He was getting well beat until then.
He’s fucking tedious imo.
Nganmou fight was shocking and volkov simply fucked up with seconds to go. Not much at heavyweight I suppose. Volkov must be kicking himself , blaydes maybe but he’s another tedious fucker.

Love to have seen the reem as least you would have full on excitement for a few minutes

Ufc 230 still canny without Dustin tbf
Some cracking fights like

Last edited:

coyneeee

Winger
That wasn't Lewis' fault though. That's because NGannou ended up being a complete hype job but didnt live upto it.

Lewis is liked because he's your ultimate stereotype of an old school heavyweight - Fat, slow and completely destructive. The same reason why people liked Roy Nelson and he wasn't exactly world class, he was just very entertaining

That wasn't Lewis' fault though. That's because NGannou ended up being a complete hype job but didnt live upto it.

Lewis is liked because he's your ultimate stereotype of an old school heavyweight - Fat, slow and completely destructive. The same reason why people liked Roy Nelson and he wasn't exactly world class, he was just very entertaining
Aye. Get Roy nelson back

I can live with that. He will stand and bang with dc.
Btw Lewis wa also tedious as fuck in the ngannou fight.

Aye not the best news to wake up to, they reckon Diaz will still be on the card
As a results, Diaz “also will not fight on the card,” UFC President Dana White told the Los Angeles Times