UFC/MMA Thread - 2013

Discussion in 'SMB' started by West Ryder, May 24, 2013.

1. Baby Give It Up

Baby Give It Up Midfield

Anyone listened Joe Rogan's podcast yet?

With John Kavanagh and George Lockhart. Quite a good listen, first 10 minutes is all John then Joe seems to forget he is there a talks to George Lockhart for an hour about weight cutting etc.

1.05.00 is when they really start talking about the fight and the events after.

Seems like a very respectful and down to earth guy does John.

vote quimby likes this.
  2. Only watched the first 20 minutes but I was surprised with how the conversation was going, you've got the trainer of the biggest combat sports star in the world in front of you, and 2 days previously he was in the biggest fight in MMA history, and you're not chomping at the bit to delve into it all.

Going to watch the rest now.

3. Baby Give It Up

Baby Give It Up Midfield

I agree, at the start of the podcast he had 200,000 viewers and it dropped down to 20,000 in half hour.

Crazy really.

4. B-52_Bomber

B-52_Bomber Central Defender

5. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

6. wow, previous 2 fights he beat diaz at 170 which he has no right being anywhere near and won the title versus alverez.....he then gets beat of possibly one of the best 155lbs in history who was a stylistic nightmare after 2 years out the game and he is now turning into journeyman.

just wow!!!!:):)

7. Standard thing mate, don’t understand why they’ve created a new story out of this tbh.

Crackers mate, he gets tapped by arguably the greatest mixed martial artists alive (after 2 years out the cage) and suddenly he’s Bob Sapp :lol: :lol: :lol:

Motor City Cobra likes this.
  8. anyway..bob sapp won his last fight last week so get fucked quimby...:);)

9. Finished watching the JRE podcast with Kavanagh and Lockhart, very disappointed if I’m honest.

John deserves his own dedicated podcast i feel, yes he’s the trainer of the biggest fighter in the world but would have been nice to hear more about his backstory etc.
    I even felt like the discussions about UFC 229 and Conor in general were piss poor.

And Lockhart smacking his lips every 10 seconds was horrific listening.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  10. do you listen to the fight disciples podcast..

vote quimby likes this.
  11. I don’t mate, whose doing that one?

12. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

100% 100% A HUNDRED FUCKING PERCENT

Can he not just say.. "Yes" like a normal person. :mad:

JimmyQuinn likes this.
  13. best i've found by a country mile....typically 50 minute long and its nick peet who was the editor of fighters only, scouser and mma boxing journo and the other lad is adam cattaral another boxing and mma journo who works for 5live and talksport.

2 year ao they started their own podcast so they could talk off the record without getting fired, its funny as fuck, very frank language and stories but tremendous knowledge.

updated every tuesday, one boxing one mma..

amazingly despite some borderline topics and constant fuckig swearing its won best sports podcast 2 year in a row in the UK.

Fight Disciples Official Website | Boxing & UFC Podcast

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    billybobmackem2312 likes this.
  14. Nice one I’ll definitely check that out

15. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

Nowt wrong with Bob Sapp

It's class. Recent one was brilliant.

16. Marty Moose

Marty Moose Striker

Today's was great: "Mike Ashley is a right c*nt"

vote quimby likes this.
  17. coyneeee

coyneeee Winger

RossTheNinja likes this.
  18. NVA

NVA Subs Bench

Ariel Helwani just tweeted that DC vs Derrick Lewis for the heavyweight title at 230 is done.

19. CheersMarra84

CheersMarra84 Winger

Aye, just seen. Wonder if DC will give the 205 title up now? Surely hes not going to defend it?

20. NVA

NVA Subs Bench

Setting up for 1 more fight against Jones before DC retires? Not sure where Jones is at with being able to fight again.

Funny that Lewis was saying after his fight on Saturday he doesn't have the cardio for a title shot and now he gets one in 4 weeks time...seems a desperate main event put together for 230.

coyneeee and RossTheNinja like this.