1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC/MMA Thread - 2013

Discussion in 'SMB' started by West Ryder, May 24, 2013.

1. Alcoholic_Author

Alcoholic_Author Midfield

Some good fighters confirmed already, i went to BAMMA and UFC in Dublin a couple of years ago, I actually enjoyed BAMMA more.

davoak likes this.
  2. Idlewild Mackem

Idlewild Mackem Striker

Hunt pulled from the Sydney card and replaced with Werdum. Now called Dana a "bald headed prick" and threatened another lawsuit.

3. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

He's gone fucking haywire :lol:

4. Don’t blame him.

5. Tommasi

Tommasi Striker

Just came on here to post this - the lads not very happy! :lol:

6. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

Not bothered if youre the boss of a massive business, I'd be shitting myself if someone like Mark Hunt hated me as much as he hates Dana. I mean he really hates him :eek::lol:

Idlewild Mackem likes this.
  7. Idlewild Mackem

Idlewild Mackem Striker

Surely he's just going to get his contract terminated now? Best for all involved.

vote quimby likes this.
  8. Motor City Cobra

Motor City Cobra Midfield

Hunt has been the biggest whiny curnt on the UFC roster since werdum up kneed him into oblivion.

9. kamaras-tash

kamaras-tash Winger

I love watching Hunt fight but he's such a fucking moron, he's the one who done an interview saying he was starting to slur his words and stutter and has memory problems. Can't believe he's still moaning about the Lesnar fight as well, before the fight he was saying I know he's gassed to the gills but I'm gonna knock him out. He then goes on to lose the fight and starts crying about him being on roids and Dana risked his life :lol: He fought in Pride where they were all gassed to the max was he whinging then?

Still love him as a fighter but he is a brain dead idiot

Motor City Cobra likes this.
  10. Alcoholic_Author

11. Idlewild Mackem

Idlewild Mackem Striker

Lawler v Dos Anjos at Welterweight on Fox 26 in December. That's a hell of a match-up.

Baby Give It Up likes this.
  12. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

It's good but Perry should of got Lawler when he asked so kindly. Would of been better.

Al Aquinta and Felder just been announced aswell. That's a cracking match up aswell.

13. Idlewild Mackem

Idlewild Mackem Striker

Al Aquinta is a whinging little fanny.

14. safcsafc

safcsafc Midfield

Some of the best local fighters there.

I know it pulls in the casual crowd but continuing to headline this Aaron charmers is an embarrassment. both his opponents so far look like early stage amateurs as did he. His second opponent didn't even look at that level. It's a piss take to the other pros at that level.

BigPete likes this.
  15. Alcoholic_Author

It's a bit of give and take, I'm OK with them pushing the Geordie Shore thing if it rakes in enough revenue and we end up seeing better and more frequent events as a result.

As for Chalmers, I can't believe I'm saying this but I have no problem with the two guys he fought so far and I can honestly say when I first heard he was going to fight I was quite happy to see him KO'd in some comical way. If you look at his two opponents though he has nothing to be ashamed of, Greg Jenkins is essentially a Muay Thai lightweight but comes from a fairly reputable gym in Liverpool known for producing professional Muay Thai fighters, other than fighting above his weigh there's nothing weird about that fight, both (Chalmers and Jenkins) are 0-0 with no ammy fights going into that one. His second fight Alex Thompson was a 2-4 ammy from, once again, a very reputable gym in Yorkshire where he trains with many of the UKs best.

Are these the best guys around? ofcourse not but neither is Chalmers, he's 2-0 at the end of the day and should be treated like any other 2-0 fighter. I reckon his next bout will be someone with 3 pro fights or less, will be someone he should beat but will be a sufficient step up. Another thing about Chalmers, he is training out of UTC in Birmingham with some of the best in the UK, he is doing all of the right things you could possibly want from a 2-0 fighter.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Wonderbra likes this.
  16. safcsafc

safcsafc Midfield

Maybe but if he is fighting pro on an event like bamma he should be fighting someone of that shows calibre. The first fight he had a canny weight advantage. The second fight - regardless of that guys claimed background and pedigree of gym/trainer he had zero stand up defence there. It looked no different to giving a random lad off the street a couple of digs.

I just dont think its much of an achievement going straight pro with guaranteed hand picked fights. Not compared to other fighters who have had to fight the local shows for years just to get on something the size of bamma.

17. Alcoholic_Author

I understand what you're saying, but let's say Chalmers didn't go to BAMMA he went to Strike and Submit or Total Combat instead and fought the same guys, those small shows would still have record amounts of press in attendance covering what happens in his fight, he will not be able to escape the media attention and the turgid swill that comes with it. From his personal perspective he might aswell get more money and notoriety whilst doing this.

I don't think his two fights thus far have necessarily been handpicked, he was 0-0 and 1-0 going into those fights, he fought opponents of comparative experience. We'll see how he handles the next one but I suspect if you're expecting a known fighter or 5-0 type guy to fight him, you're well off.

safcsafc likes this.
  18. safcsafc

safcsafc Midfield

Yeah I get what your saying and agree with most of it. He will just go where the most money and exposure is. As for hand picked fights we will have to disagree. If he wants to go straight pro he should be fighting people of pro level. Why not stick him in with someone who has a well known amateur/semi pro background and is ready to turn pro. A 0-0 or 2-4 amateur isn't that. They won't because he will be wiped out and the money/exposure they can make off him stops.

Anyway I hope he gets a decent opponent in his next fight. One of similar weight and who can slip a punch would be a canny start :)

Alcoholic_Author likes this.
  19. Alcoholic_Author

If he fights any kind of an accomplished striker he will get KO'd within a minute (at this stage of his development), that's clear if you see the technique he used to KO Thompson in his last fight, he chin was up in the air, he only managed to land his own punches due to his aggressiveness.

That said, he's training with Leon and Fabian Edwards, Yannick Bahati etc he'll definitely get better. Him getting KO'd now and he might pack it in and just ride the Geordie Shore gravy train, would be kind of a shame.

Perry will be in Poland as a guest, Till says if he beats Cerrone he's going to call Perry into the cage.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    safcsafc likes this.
  20. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

Perry got Ponzinibio next. That's a canny fight aswell. Winner of Lawler Dos Anjos gets title shot.

Alcoholic_Author likes this.