1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC/MMA Thread - 2013

Discussion in 'SMB' started by West Ryder, May 24, 2013.

1. West Ryder

West Ryder Midfield

Last edited: May 24, 2013
    On Tour likes this.
  2. kamaras-tash

kamaras-tash Winger

I fucking love Mark Hunt I really hope he can pull off the upset 2morra, I love JDS as well though so would be happy with it going either way but seeing Hunt's walkaway knockout to a high profile fighter would be amazing

3. life of riley

life of riley Goalkeeper

Will be interesting to see how jds comes back from his last fight. Looks a good card tho

4. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

Gerrin, the cowboys fighting aswell, hope he gets a win after Pettis nearly kicked his liver into space

5. TiredEyes

TiredEyes Winger

I hear there might be a Diaz/Condit rematch, would love to see that, Condit played a tactical game and ran around the ring last time.

6. West Ryder

West Ryder Midfield

Yeh I'd rather see Condit vs Rory again first though, that's potentially the most explosive fight in the division. :cool:

7. Butters

Butters Winger

It's class how Hunt knows the fights over. He lands the punch clean and doesn't even bother going to the mat. Hopefully Dos Santos stays standing as it could be an all out war. Ross Pearson is going with Hunt.

I think the main event is going to go the same way as it did the last time, Velasquez dominating. I'd like to see all the underdogs win on the maincard, except Noons.

It's a canny undercard too. Hopefully Whittaker drops Colton Smith early or it could be another boring decision win for Smith. Really can't stand the bloke. He's an American soldier, yer knar!

8. black-cat

black-cat Striker

Looking forward to seeing Nah-shon Burrel fight in the facebook prelims, watched his debut last time out & he looks to have great potential. Bermudez' last fight against Matt Grice was an absolute belter, candidate for fight of the year already, so looking forward to seeing him out again anarl. Don't think the main card has got a poor fight in it by the looks of it, particularly the top 3 bouts, would love to see Bigfoot pull of an upset but can't see it. Dos Santos & Teixeira to get wins anarl.

9. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

aye this, would love to see Condit kick fuck out him properly this time round

10. West Ryder

West Ryder Midfield

Can't stand Whitaker like. I like Ciltons style but then again I'm a massive fan of the wrestling aspect in MMA. :)

I think I'm most looking forward to watching Gray Maynard tomorrow like.

11. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

Donald Cerrone fight for me like, his last fight was the only crap fight i've seen him in, he's class, one of my favorite fighters like

12. West Ryder

West Ryder Midfield

Adrenaline dump last fight didn't he? Admitted he was mentally fucked going in too.

Apparently been getting advice from GSP to help him this time round for it. Class fighter to watch like.

13. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

aww i dinnar mate, just thought Pettis caught him with a leathal kick to the liver, Pettis looks quality tbf

just posting this link off the other thread for future use:cool:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbeXuva4HQA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

14. Butters

Butters Winger

I don't like Whittaker either, his ' I hate poms' crack was boring and predictable. It's Smith's style of wrestling that annoys me. Takedown at the earliest opportunity but don't look for subs or to pass the guard. Instead the focus is on holding the opponent down and point scoring. I can acknowledge he has good wrestling, just his fights bore me. It didn't help that he was on the shittest ever TUF either, imo.

15. West Ryder

West Ryder Midfield

16. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

:lol:ow mate, just watched the Condit vs Mcdonald fight aaaaand what a fight:cool: he was quite graceful in defeat which i was surprised about, fair play, seems to fo turned into a dick since like

just watched the Jones vs Rampage fight aswell, my favourite Jones fight, totaly takes the piss out of him

17. West Ryder

West Ryder Midfield

18. SAFCMark

SAFCMark Striker

Just watched the pre fight scrum for UFC 160, which is always interesting, as is the post fight scrum. Towards the end there was quite a big discussion about the UFC on TV in the UK. They're desperate to get a good deal over here but with it being a monopoly with Sky and the guy running the show not liking MMA at all they cannot work a deal.

How many potential viewers does ESPN get? Would it not make sense for say ITV or Channel 4 to look at doing a deal? Unlimited viewing numbers and surely with advertisements they'd make a shit load?

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-I25ad98sw

19. West Ryder

West Ryder Midfield

i'm tied into a contract with Virgin for the sole reason that UFC is screened on there.

As of August when it goes to BT i dunno what to do, not sure if i can buy myself out of my contract and mvoe or what?

20. Couldn't believe it when he won Tuf (smith not whittaker) nobody I enjoy watching less.

Can you not add espn as an extra?