Uber losses

Uber stock tanking. Good news.
Maybe too late for the PHV lads and lasses who have gone to the wall.
Race to the bottom springs to mind
Once driverless cars come, they will make billions. It’s all about getting market share ready for that.
You got shares in Uber?

Last edited:
Uber stock tanking. Good news.
Maybe too late for the PHV lads and lasses who have gone to the wall.
Race to the bottom springs to mind

You got shares in Uber?

It's not really a race to the bottom IMO. Uber provided an innovative service before anyone else was doing it. You could see in real time who was picking you up, where he was and how long he would be. You'd get a relatively accurate time of how long you would have to wait for the car, fare estimates, car choices etc.

The local companies service was pretty bad up until Uber made them up their game, it'd be roulette sometimes if taxis would even turn up at all let alone on time.

Used one the other day to ferry the new pup home from Chingford.

Was canny. Well it was exactly like an Uber but £20 rather than £30+

Do they let you take dogs or did they make an exception because it was a puppy in a crate?

Had to get an Addison Lee with the dog last weekend, 30 f***ing quid from Homerton to Turnpike Lane it was.

Do they let you take dogs or did they make an exception because it was a puppy in a crate?

Had to get an Addison Lee with the dog last weekend, 30 f***ing quid from Homerton to Turnpike Lane it was.
Can your dog not walk like?

It's not really a race to the bottom IMO. Uber provided an innovative service before anyone else was doing it. You could see in real time who was picking you up, where he was and how long he would be. You'd get a relatively accurate time of how long you would have to wait for the car, fare estimates, car choices etc.

The local companies service was pretty bad up until Uber made them up their game, it'd be roulette sometimes if taxis would even turn up at all let alone on time.
Still a race to the bottom when all they’re doing is subsidising fares to put others out of business.

Who cares where the car is and who is driving it? I’ve rarely if ever not had a taxi turn up.

Still a race to the bottom when all they’re doing is subsidising fares to put others out of business.

Who cares where the car is and who is driving it? I’ve rarely if ever not had a taxi turn up.

I’ve had loads not turn up or turn very late, getting taxis late at night before Uber was usually a farce.

Had one driver pick my mam up from a hotel in Newcastle to take her to our wedding and the fucker didn’t know where it was! Drive round Newcastle for twenty minutes then took her back to the hotel!

Same company didn’t turn up to pick up after the wedding.

Last edited:
I’ve had loads not turn up or turn very late, getting taxis late at night before Uber was usually a farce.

Had one driver pick my mam up from a hotel in Newcastle to take her to our wedding and the fucker didn’t know where it was! Drive round Newcastle for twenty minutes then took her back to the hotel!

Same company didn’t turn up to pick up after the wedding.
You get exactly the same issues with Uber.

You get exactly the same issues with Uber.

The journey with Uber is preprogrammed into the drivers sat nav.

The only way an Uber doesn’t turn up is if the driver cancels the job which when it does happen isn’t great but at least you know. With local companies you can be waiting a while for a taxi that is never going to arrive.

The journey with Uber is preprogrammed into the drivers sat nav.

The only way an Uber doesn’t turn up is if the driver cancels the job which when it does happen isn’t great but at least you know. With local companies you can be waiting a while for a taxi that is never going to arrive.
Where you based.

Aye she’s cush mate. I didn’t fancy walking to a party that I was late for hungover though.

Money to burn because I live in London mate.

Used them for the first time last night as our train got into Newcastle at midnight. Bit of a fanny on as there were four drop offs and we didn't realise we should have added them in when we booked. Got us home with minimal fuss after that.
In Sunderland I'll probably continue to use the Station app but it's good to have a different option.

Back