Uber losses

It would need to be ridiculously cheap for people to go for this.
just need to be lower than car ownership to make it viable.

Could be subscription-based or per use. It also allows you to use different classes of vehicles as you need them. Trip to the off-license - small town car. Moving a bed, a large van and so on.

As long as the car arrives within a couple of minutes, it's pretty much the same as car ownership anyway.

Could be subscription-based or per use. It also allows you to use different classes of vehicles as you need them. Trip to the off-license - small town car. Moving a bed, a large van and so on.

As long as the car arrives within a couple of minutes, it's pretty much the same as car ownership anyway.

Bleak.

It's no different to a taxi service really is it. Less safe though.

I just don't see it happening like that in my lifetime.

Bleak.

It's no different to a taxi service really is it. Less safe though.
how is it less safe? and how is it bleak?

I'd love to hand my cars back and just get them on demand.
I just don't see it happening like that in my lifetime.
if you have less than 5-10 years left then that might be true, but it's coming.

Petrol and Diesel won't be mainstream in 5 years and ownership will be plummeting too.

Last edited:
how is it less safe? and how is it bleak?

I'd love to hand my cars back and just get them on demand.

if you have less than 5-10 years left then that might be true, but it's coming.

Petrol and Diesel won't be mainstream in 5 years and ownership will be plummeting too.

There's no driver. If you're sharing a car with strangers you've lost that level of protection.

It's bleak that people would use it to get to the local off licence. What happened to walking or cycling short trips? Not talking about disabled people here either or pensioners.

There's no driver. If you're sharing a car with strangers you've lost that level of protection.

It's bleak that people would use it to get to the local off licence. What happened to walking or cycling short trips? Not talking about disabled people here either or pensioners.
Who said anything about sharing, that would be a personal choice. Agree about walking but if you need to pick up 48 cans that might not be an option.

Who said anything about sharing, that would be a personal choice. Agree about walking but if you need to pick up 48 cans that might not be an option.

Most of the benefits of driverless cars fall on their arse if everyone owns one. If anything it'll increase congestion.

Most of the benefits of driverless cars fall on their arse if everyone owns one. If anything it'll increase congestion.

You won't own though.. for people in cities they sit and don't move Monday to Friday

Use as you need.. you don't need as much parking as the the ars other than when charging will be in use

Usually opt for ViaVan if I can get one because they tend to be cheaper, but they only operate in Zones 1 and 2.

There's another new taxi app come out recently called Kapten and they're offering 70% off your first three trips and a tenner credit for every new customer you refer.

Used one the other day to ferry the new pup home from Chingford.

Was canny. Well it was exactly like an Uber but £20 rather than £30+

You won't own though.. for people in cities they sit and don't move Monday to Friday

Use as you need.. you don't need as much parking as the the ars other than when charging will be in use

I'm sorry I just can't see it ever happening in urban areas. A total pipedream, one that isn't even that interesting, they're just taxis or public transport and we have that now.

Back