U2 Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Tour

Gerrin, that's me off to Twickenham and Dublin.

Been to see them twice before at Croke Park. Love Dublin to start with, but the city is proper buzzing when U2 are in town; can't wait now, like.

Got a hotel booked ? Prices were crazy when I looked earlier in the week which put me more in favour of Amsterdam.

Seen the original tour at Murrayfield.The Pogues and The Mission were supporting.Was canny.
Was that summer of 1987?

I was working that summer in London as a handyman for a rich bloke who owned a bunch of houses converted into executive flats. One of the other lads was named Ivan and he showed up to work with a tour t shirt. Said he'd seen them the night before and was backstage cos he used to be in the band. He was a quiet lad, not a gobshite at all and so believable. His brother had been in the band too - obviously very early days - and was then in a band called In Tua Nua.

Some time later I read the book - I think it was the one by Eamon Dunphy - and sure enough they were mentioned.

Was that summer of 1987?

I was working that summer in London as a handyman for a rich bloke who owned a bunch of houses converted into executive flats. One of the other lads was named Ivan and he showed up to work with a tour t shirt. Said he'd seen them the night before and was backstage cos he used to be in the band. He was a quiet lad, not a gobshite at all and so believable. His brother had been in the band too - obviously very early days - and was then in a band called In Tua Nua.

Some time later I read the book - I think it was the one by Eamon Dunphy - and sure enough they were mentioned.
Yeah it was in August.I'd always thought it was in 1988.Me and me mate who I went were talking about it the other week.His lass was adamant it was 1987 and she was right.

Gerrin, that's me off to Twickenham and Dublin.

Been to see them twice before at Croke Park. Love Dublin to start with, but the city is proper buzzing when U2 are in town; can't wait now, like.
Did you see what the seat prices were for Twickers, Marsey ? Site only says £40-187

Why the embarasment? They were decent round then before Doggy Biccy dissappeared up his own arsehole
Yeah maybe.
Tbh it's more my memory...I literally cannot remember how I got there or who I went with! Also, whislt I definitely remember seeing Chrissie Hynde and Spear of Destiny my memories of U2 are pretty hazy at best. I even think I might of only gone to see Lou Reed and he didn't turn up?! :lol:

Not even looked yet, mate.

Dreading it but it's gotta be done :lol:

I looked earlier in the week to try and make mind up which venue to go to. Dublin looked a bit of a nightmare, as I expected, so just decided to give it a wide berth. Still getting tempted to use my spare two ticket options to nab tickets for it though!! :)

Did you see what the seat prices were for Twickers, Marsey ? Site only says £40-187

Twickenham prices as follows mate:
Upper Tier furthest away sections - £40.30 (after fees)
Upper Tier blocks closer to stage and middle tier (i think) - £78.25
Lower Tier - £110.60
General Admission Standing - £78.25
Red Zone (VIP) Side Stage - £260 (i think it was - none available now).

There are also various Gold, Silver, Premium etc ticket packages which are ludicrously priced (£470 for a Silver Package) which don't appear to need the fan club password to make the booking either.

Last edited:
I looked earlier in the week to try and make mind up which venue to go to. Dublin looked a bit of a nightmare, as I expected, so just decided to give it a wide berth. Still getting tempted to use my spare two ticket options to nab tickets for it though!! :)

Twickenham prices as follows mate:
Upper Tier furthest away sections - £40.30 (after fees)
Upper Tier blocks closer to stage and middle tier (i think) - £78.25
Lower Tier - £110.60
General Admission Standing - £78.25
Red Zone (VIP) Side Stage - £260 (i think it was - none available now).

There are also various Gold, Silver, Premium etc ticket packages which are ludicrously priced (£470 for a Silver Package) which don't appear to need the fan club password to make the booking either.
What's that in bold ?
Cheers for the pricing Mate. Cheaper than I expected - mght try to get lower tier .... too short to stand :lol:

What's that in bold ?
Cheers for the pricing Mate. Cheaper than I expected - mght try to get lower tier .... too short to stand :lol:

Fan club get option of four tickets. I've only used up two of them for Amsterdam, so getting tempted to buy two for another venue and go twice...... or should I drag myself to the depths and tout them..... :-O

Fan club get option of four tickets. I've only used up two of them for Amsterdam, so getting tempted to buy two for another venue and go twice...... or should I drag myself to the depths and tout them..... :-O
I've just subscribed so I think I've got a code to try in the morning. I can't even afford the one I'm trying to get to never mind a second show - Mrs B1gals will go apeshit when she sees the credit card bill.:lol:

I've just subscribed so I think I've got a code to try in the morning. I can't even afford the one I'm trying to get to never mind a second show - Mrs B1gals will go apeshit when she sees the credit card bill.:lol:
You only live once mate.
I'd love to go but I doubt I wouldn't be able to guarantee time off.

Was that summer of 1987?

in tua nua where on virgin when i was working for them. One of the lads i worked with shagged the singer in the bed next to mine when i was passed out through drink and various other substances. Woke up in the morning and shes wandering round wrapped in a sheet:eek::lol:

Do a quick search of hotels for the Dublin dates..... Might put you off a bit!!

Don't fancy Twickenham myself. Shit location & curfew. Might do Amsterdam.
When I've looked at booking Amsterdam the ticket master site is in dutch. Daft question coming. How do you get in converted into english

When I've looked at booking Amsterdam the ticket master site is in dutch. Daft question coming. How do you get in converted into english
Forget that seen the change language link now daft twat

Last edited:

Forget that seen the change language link now daft twat

Top of the page there was a drop down box to select English.

Back