U2 Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Tour

Open air venues are all down to sound quality so venue itself can't be blamed. Stands at Twickenham are steeper than Wembley therefore you'd expect it to be better as you're closer for a view. That was definitely the case for sport.

I'm far from an expert on sound and acoustics, but in some venues I have been to I don't think it was sound quality that was the issue! There's a reason some venues are purpose built for music.

I've been in parts of Hampden where echoing was bad, yet non existent in other parts and the same at Wembley Stadium as well. Just heard before that Twickenham isn't great for gigs.

Anyway, I've decided a weekend in Amsterdam is more appealing that London irrespective of acoustics.

I was there too. It was the best outdoor gig I've been too. I remember the crowd still singing together as everyone left, great atmosphere.
I really enjoyed it.Ended up kipping in Waverly station that night.Which wasn't so great.

I'm far from an expert on sound and acoustics, but in some venues I have been to I don't think it was sound quality that was the issue! There's a reason some venues are purpose built for music.

I've been in parts of Hampden where echoing was bad, yet non existent in other parts and the same at Wembley Stadium as well. Just heard before that Twickenham isn't great for gigs.

Anyway, I've decided a weekend in Amsterdam is more appealing that London irrespective of acoustics.
Ya need to work out where's best to stand in relation to the speakers. If you're in a spot with conflicting speakers it's ganna be all ower the place. Somewhere near the sound tower is usually your best bet.

Couple of General Admission tickets all sorted for Amsterdam. Champion.

Now debating whether I should go to Twickenham as well, or even grab Croke Park tickets...... :-O

How bad is Twickenham to get back to central London after a gig
Not very easy - 30-40 min walk to the train then wait your turn with the other thousands. I've booked a hotel at Heathrow (free cancellation if I don't get tickets) - 20 min bus to Hounslow then either another bus or 20 min walk to Stadium. Going to fly down if I get tickets.

I'm scared for life because of the Joshua Tree. Went in to Durham to buy it when I was a young un, couldn't wait to get back and listen to it.

Only problem was when I was walking up the stairs to my bedroom my Mam and dad's bedroom door was open and they were going at it like hammer and tongs. f***ing horrible sight. Still sends shudders down my spine now!

:lol::lol::lol:

Not very easy - 30-40 min walk to the train then wait your turn with the other thousands. I've booked a hotel at Heathrow (free cancellation if I don't get tickets) - 20 min bus to Hounslow then either another bus or 20 min walk to Stadium. Going to fly down if I get tickets.

For the sake of all that hassle, why not just fly to Amsterdam instead and make a weekend of it? That's what I decided to do.

For the sake of all that hassle, why not just fly to Amsterdam instead and make a weekend of it? That's what I decided to do.
I might if I don't get tickets for Twickenham.....but the bus driver in Amsterdam won't understand when I say "two te the futy grund marra":lol:

You'll not end up at twickenham either.
Was in London years ago and asked a Tube body for advice on how to get to Southwark...went sumething like this;
Me "Excuse me, which line do I need to get to (pronounced it) South Walk "
Guard "to where mate"
Me "Err, Southwalk"
Guard "where ?"
Me "Southwalk. It's spelt S O U T H W A R K"
Guard "aahhhh, you mean Savik":eek::lol:

Back