U2 info

U2 have sold an estimated 150–170 million records worldwide, placing them among the best-selling music artists in history.[1] The group's fifth studio album, The Joshua Tree, is one of the best-selling albums in the US (10 million copies shipped) and worldwide (25 million copies sold).[421][422] With 52 million certified units by the RIAA, U2 rank as the 22nd-highest-selling music artist in the US.[423] U2 have eight albums that have reached number one in the US, the third-most of any group. They were the first group to attain number-one albums in the US in the 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, and 2010s.[424] In the UK, the group have had seven number-one singles, tied for the 16th-most of any artist, and ten number-one albums, tied for the 8th-most of any artist. The band's 1,463 weeks spent on the UK music charts ranks 15th all-time.[44] In their native Ireland, U2 hold the record for most number-one singles with 19.[425]

Clerly useless!!!

Damn facts!

Im trying to book some tickets for a U2 gig online. I don’t like any of the seats available but I’ll keep looking.......

I still haven’t found what I’m looking for

Maybe he booked all of the bands based on connections with hotel doormen?

Their manager at the time, Paul McGuinness seems to have been quoted as saying they weren't contacted. I don't think Glastonbury at that time was quite the multi-million quid mega business it became.
Yeah. Glastonbury was just a CND benefit at that time attracting folk who liked the free drug use. It wasn't the huge thing we see today.

Was that the Rock The Tyne gig with the Police and Rory Gallagher?
Police were in 82 mate

Last edited:

Back