U2 at Croke Park Last Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is one of my favourite photos ever - mainly due to Bono's heels and Benedict's face. Apologies. :lol:
1911-c2a4c15ae94e4dcfaa69f7c41c72cb8c.jpg

Pretty envious Marsey. Was the crowd better than the first Twickenham, loads on the forums were putting that gig in their top 10 for atmosphere. There was some good pics cropping up on twitter last night.
Was better, mate, in my opinion. Couldn't believe how loud they were at times.

Highlight for me was Exit (cue jokes about leaving). Can't remember it being that good at Twickenham.

Highlight for me was Exit (cue jokes about leaving). Can't remember it being that good at Twickenham.

Yep the crowd singing was unbelievably loud at times, especially during the early part of the set.

Sounds good. I was blown away by the Twickenham crowd.
Spent a couple of hours yesterday working out how I could get to Amsterdam or Brussels by buying off stubhub, only for the missus to point out that my passport expired last week:confused:

Yep I was there as well. Crowd drowned out Bono on certain songs with their singing along. As usual they put on a great performance but I would actually say that it's nowhere near the the top of my list of gigs of theirs.

Bono voice is nowhere near what it was years ago. But that's life.

Flyover by the Irish Air Corps was pretty special during Streets
https://twitter.com/Dublin_ie/status/888876928438083584?s=09

Great with the planes n that, but the Tweet describes how they, "trace the tricolour over a Dublin sunrise".

I know their gigs gan on for a bit, but really?

Anyone else there?

Phenomenal performance as usual.

Don't think I've heard a crowd sing along so loudly at any other gig I've been to. It was deafening at times.

Would have liked Noel to have come back on at the end but never mind.

Just got home from Dublin. Both U2 and Noel Gallagher were superb. The sound and whole stage show was spectacular I thought.

Never seen as many Americans in one place baring America.

Maybe on that transaction as the deal was so bigh profile. Theyve been dodging tax for 30 years

I totally made up the post about all of the saved money going to famine relief. I have zero idea how much U2 and donated or generated for any charities or reliefs around the world but at a guess I would say it's a substantial amount of millions. But hey, you don't like the fact that they've had people looking after their financial affairs etc. Good luck to you.

Great with the planes n that, but the Tweet describes how they, "trace the tricolour over a Dublin sunrise".

I know their gigs gan on for a bit, but really?

Ha ha that's a good spot I hadn't noticed the mistake!!

Just got home from Dublin. Both U2 and Noel Gallagher were superb. The sound and whole stage show was spectacular I thought.

Never seen as many Americans in one place baring America.

Taxi driver on Friday night told us he'd done virtually nothing but ferry U2 fans from the airport that day and Thursday. Including a lass who had travelled alone from Russia for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back