Tyson v Bruno

Probably not far off how it was for the boxing circuit before Hearn stuck his nose in.

Some of the fights I've bought on sky box office wouldn't have even tempted itv boxing back in the days when they had Eubank, Benn and Hamed
Exactly he can sell ice to Eskimos and sell any old shite to daft mags. ;)

I can't think of many at all he beat, that were really good, and not over the hill. Because he didn't. Ruddock was decent. Gave him two very tough fights. Most wins were against poor opposition. Many either dont know it, or ignore it.

Exactly. Perfect except no killer instinct, his defence was poor, couldnt slip a punch and froze when he got landed. He was a rigid fighter. Stiff jab, and big right but very immobile. Almost too much muscle it seemed.
🤣

Watched this on Saturday night.

I was too young to remember the detail of the fights at they happened, but it had bypassed me that Bruno actually was world champion at one point. I always remembered him as some sort of plucky loser.

Found it interesting that in the aftermath of the first in which Bruno was probably the only fella at that point to really give Tyson a bit of a fright, he became a bit more of a celebrity figure and maybe even a joke to some with the panto appearances.

By the second fight, Bruno had climbed his mountain by becoming world champion and got nowhere near Tyson who was just a different animal.

Great documentary, Bruno came across really well. There's a section of society that will only remember him for getting beat by Tyson and then being sectioned, so it was good to see a lot of the positive stuff re: Bruno and his journey to the top of boxing. I always knew Tyson had a chaotic life, but wasn't aware of the difficult upbringing. Don King is and always will be a tosser.

Watched it last night and i though Lynam and his gaffas went below the belt with the panto clip on BBCSPOTY
i know he did some daft stuff but it was a sports night and he'd just been talking to Tyson

Back