Tyson Fury ships 10 stone on Keto diet

Always give you great results in terms of shipping a lot of weight quickly.....Not a long term lifestyle though, utterly awful side effects, nothing good for you can make you smell that bad from every orifice. Also no diet that features chronic constipation as a side effect is a good way to go and long term the increased risk of cancer from high protein/meat diet is not good.

Would use it to kick start a weight loss regime however, if you want to really get motivated and have a lot to move then its a great way of doing it and my experience is that in the long run if you then shift onto a balanced whole food diet afterwards then the alleged weight regain doesnt actually happen.

Great job by fury, to train hard on that diet takes some doing although once you are fat adapted it gets easier.

Keto can include loads of fibre though, which makes it fine really.

Eating fat is NOT bad for you. It was a mistake made in the 70/80s that pushed people into refined sugars. Sugar IS bad for you and its the root cause of the obesity crisis.

I just couldn't give up bread, rice and pasta in the long term. Otherwise I'd be all for it.

OP or me?
mainly you. This whole 'sugar is bad for you' narative that's so popular atm. It's flawed thinking, no single macro is inherently bad for you. It's diet as a whole.

The sugar thing is a rinse and repeat of saturated fat years gone by. Excess calories are the root cause of the obesity crisis. Sugar consumption is falling in the western world as people continue to get bigger.

mainly you. This whole 'sugar is bad for you' narative that's so popular atm. It's flawed thinking, no single macro is inherently bad for you. It's diet as a whole.

The sugar thing is a rinse and repeat of saturated fat years gone by. Excess calories are the root cause of the obesity crisis. Sugar consumption is falling in the western world as people continue to get bigger.
Switching from fats to sugar as a "healthy" choice, I honestly believe, was a terrible path to go down.
They're hidden in everything now.

If I'm wrong, it'll be because it also happened at the same time as the boom in refined carbs being pushed heavily too.

But yes, its a big picture, and there's clearly not even close to a overall answer yet.

Will I lose weight if I eat 1000 calories of carrots a day?
Yes, and you would make a smashing giant oompa lumpa :lol:.

Switching from fats to sugar as a "healthy" choice, I honestly believe, was a terrible path to go down.
They're hidden in everything now.

If I'm wrong, it'll be because it also happened at the same time as the boom in refined carbs being pushed heavily too.

But yes, its a big picture, and there's clearly not even close to a overall answer yet.
I follow a 0 refined sugar, low sugar / low carb diet and I've lost 10kg so far in about 3 months.

Last edited:
Fair play mate. It really was a genuine question
I wasn't as big as Fury but I still have about 63 KG to go :neutral:. My blood sugar levels have reduced, I have no keytones in my piss but my bowels have been a bit off (varying from getting constipated to getting a bad stomach etc).

I wasn't as big as Fury but I still have about 63 KG to go :neutral:. My blood sugar levels have reduced, I have no keytones in my piss but my bowels have been a bit off (varying from getting constipated to getting a bad stomach etc).
I am about as big as fury was.

Back