Tyson Fury: Former heavyweight champion 'to have three big fights in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be right but that still doesn't detracts from a superb showing in Germany. Might not be everyone's cup of tea stylistically but he is very effective.

Fury did fight a superb fight, helped massively because Wlad just did'nt want to let his hands go

Wlad would'nt make that mistake again, and AJ would'nt either

but its a moot point, i just cant see Fury shedding the 100+lbs he needs to shift to be competitive again

Fury did fight a superb fight, helped massively because Wlad just did'nt want to let his hands go

but its a moot point, i just cant see Fury shedding the 100+lbs he needs to shift to be competitive again
He didn't let his hands go because fury didn't allow it, kilt was bust up by end of fight as for all fury doesn't hit lie Joshua he's a still a big heavy handed bloke who can hurt you.
I agree though it prob is a moot point.

Fury was just too awkward for him

He didn't let his hands go because fury didn't allow it, kilt was bust up by end of fight as for all fury doesn't hit lie Joshua he's a still a big heavy handed bloke who can hurt you.
I agree though it prob is a moot point.

I'm not sure about that at all. Klitschko has been risk averse since being chinned twice. He has always tried to control the space and protect himself first and be offensive second. Here was someone who was bigger and longer than him so he couldn't do that and it threw him. He should have prepared for that and walked through Fury. I'm not saying that would have been easy but Klitschko fought the wrong fight. AJ is all out offensive, even when he is hurt....I don't think he worries about what Fury is throwing back at him at all.

I’m not going to disagree with the bellend bit.

Boxing isn’t about hitting people it’s about not being hit and hitting scoring points

Very true. Much like fencing
The Fury/Klitchco fight wasn't half dull for someone who hadn't watched a lot of boxing before.

Rumour is he'll license with the Irish. Makes sense I suppose. He's been treated terribly, it must be nearly two years since his license was suspended, and there's been no hearing to bring it to a conclusion.
A ban for first offence would have been served by now!
Irish board are on record as saying they would respect the BBC decision due to it being a drug issue.....apparently because of this most unions across Europe would also not licence him.

But money talks, money talks, dirty cash.......................

I'd love to see a motivated Fury get a good nutritionist and a sports scientist and come in at 17 stone or so, maybe even half a stone less. That would make an excellent fight v AJ, which, IMO, Fury would win.

Would he even agree to a fight with him?
I'm a fan of both, but I can see why Fury was fuming with Haye, he lost 2 years of his career because of him

I doubt it.

Most fighters would as it's a guaranteed big pay day, I don't think Fury is motivated by that side of things in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back