Typist artist pirate king !

offmenut

Striker
It's not a great movie , but some good scenes of sunderland.
The lovely Kelly mcdonald is in it and some Irish women who (in the movie) is from Sunderland.

I left the north 25 yrs ago - I used to put on raves at the hells angels club 81 in murton street - in the movie they show the hells angels , club 81 but it's deffo not the place in murton street - has this moved or were there always two places?

Anyway , a poor movie but liked watching it to see the weatmouth bridge and actors asking to go to villier street
And some nice shots of roker / seaburn
Sunderland generally don't get mentioned in movies - the arty movie 'the souvenir' tilda swintons daughter impressed me as she did a movie on Sunderland -
Any other movies with the city honourably mentioned ?
Edit - just finished - I love my art but didn't know much about Audrey amiss.
Anyway , movie not great but the Sunderland connection made it a 5/10

Last edited:

The place on Murton Street opposite what's now the Software Centre has been a childcare place for a good few year now.
I left Hendon in 99
My good friend trouble used to do these upliftance raves there. Have to check the new club 81 out
Angels place is down the East End now I think. I need to watch that film, will try the stick.
It was ok
Nice to see Gina McKee from Sunderland/ Peterlee having a part in it too

I went for a walk down Roker beach one morning a couple of years ago and came across a ridiculously massive film crew getting ready to shoot something. There must have been close to 100 people there and about 10 big vans. Assumed it was for Vera but subsequently discovered it was for this.
I watched it last week and thought it was very disapointing. Flimsy as fuck.
It was nice to see our lovely beach though, even if it's only in the film for about 30 seconds.

It's not a great movie , but some good scenes of sunderland.
The lovely Kelly mcdonald is in it and some Irish women who (in the movie) is from Sunderland.

I left the north 25 yrs ago - I used to put on raves at the hells angels club 81 in murton street - in the movie they show the hells angels , club 81 but it's deffo not the place in murton street - has this moved or were there always two places?

Anyway , a poor movie but liked watching it to see the weatmouth bridge and actors asking to go to villier street
And some nice shots of roker / seaburn
Sunderland generally don't get mentioned in movies - the arty movie 'the souvenir' tilda swintons daughter impressed me as she did a movie on Sunderland -
Any other movies with the city honourably mentioned ?
Edit - just finished - I love my art but didn't know much about Audrey amiss.
Anyway , movie not great but the Sunderland connection made it a 5/10
I once walked past the Hells Angels place there years ago early one morning after being out one night. Someone rode out of the front door on a Harley and there was two lasses with hardly owt on dancing behind him, it was like a f***ing ZZ Top video

I left Hendon in 99
My good friend trouble used to do these upliftance raves there. Have to check the new club 81 out

It was ok
Nice to see Gina McKee from Sunderland/ Peterlee having a part in it too
Was it Carl who used to do those parties? I might be thinking of the wrong era.

Was it Carl who used to do those parties? I might be thinking of the wrong era.
Yes mate
Carl G (trouble) and hutchy b usually on the mic!
My fellow ravers from 30 yrs ago !
Good lad Trouble been mates for years and still see him now
He is that.
Still DJing big events from time to time which is good to see , though think he prefers fishing and pigeons.
If you're from that era, im the lad that sprayed mm2 record shop in the bunker , owned by krazy g at the time (95ish?)
I went for a walk down Roker beach one morning a couple of years ago and came across a ridiculously massive film crew getting ready to shoot something. There must have been close to 100 people there and about 10 big vans. Assumed it was for Vera but subsequently discovered it was for this.
I watched it last week and thought it was very disapointing. Flimsy as fuck.
It was nice to see our lovely beach though, even if it's only in the film for about 30 seconds.
That's my take on the movie anarl.
Actors I really like, but a movie which disappointed

Last edited:

Back