Types of safc games you have watched and give an example

Walsall, 17 or so defeats in a row and a 0-7 home defeat to Chelseas 7 days earlier, come to Roker and win 0-3

The FA Cup game with Barrow 10 year or so back was the coldest I've ever been at a match. Baltic doesn't even begin to describe that.

5th December 1998 - my then 5 year old son, a mate from Aberdeen and his father-in-law from Dunfermline - Stockport - under-soil heating, failed, the pitch lines were brushed clear, Summerbee scored and we won 1-0.

That was the coldest any of us had ever been at a game (and my mate had a lot of experience on crowd control at Pittodrie).

Coldest game - Everton at home early 2000s, snow around the ground, I'm sure at one point Gazza was rubbing his hands together and warming them on the under soil heating.

Best late winner - Proctor against Liverpool in the Wilkinson season, one of the only high points that season

Coldest game - Everton at home early 2000s, snow around the ground, I'm sure at one point Gazza was rubbing his hands together and warming them on the under soil heating.

Best late winner - Proctor against Liverpool in the Wilkinson season, one of the only high points that season

Absolute blizzards post match, knee deep snow in Gateshead by 1800hrs

last minute winner - Charlton at home 2018, boro at home 08

last minute loser - charlton wembo, WHU away 16

Awful weather - Bristol Rovers checkatrade in the standing terrace with no roof.

12:30 ko - every single oin L1

Freezing games - Crewe at home 98 (mental cold)

8-0 defeats - Southampton away 14

finals - all at the new wembley.

Bolton away in the FA Cup. We were playing shite and getting beat 2-0. Midway through the second half, Connor Wickham came on and we suddenly turned into a team of world beaters. The equaliser was celebrated like a Champions League win. At Bolton. In the third round of the FA Cup.

Got stuffed in the replay at the SOL mind. Minus temps, freezing fog off the sea and hardly anyone there. It took about three weeks for my toes to thaw out.

Horrible, Dull, Hopeless game. Hangover kicking in big time, just wanting to go home.
Then.
Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0-0 that felt like a victory, Arsenal away May 2015. Was in London on business, blagged a seat in a corporate box Up a height but behind our fans. At the end Advocaat crying, me belting out Sunderland songs with the fans lower down in an empty stadium.
Went out on town after until very late and at work following morning.
Decent night

Rotherham 2-0 away as an infiltrator in the home end (Tivoli Stand at the old Millmoor ground). One of those games when the big team gets every decision, and the little team got nowt. But we were the big team for a change.

We should have been a man down after about 10 minutes as one of ours snapped one of their players in half. He was stretchered off - looked bad. Think our lad got booked.

John Oster fouled one of their lads in the box, penalty to them as plain as day. Referee waved play on. We immediately broke away and scored. Had to prevent myself laughing as the locals in my end went apeshit.

There was a brief interlude at one point while Marcus Stewart was on his hands and knees, looking for his contact lens.

Then we got a penalty and made it 2-0. Second half was a non-event: they never looked like scoring, we weren't bothered enough to chase for more.

Man of the match was Jason McAteer, who man-marked the referee for the full 90 minutes and was never out of his ear.

Last edited:
QPR...SOL
Rain.
2-2.
We all know the game.
Felt like defeat.
Promotion went that Evening.
Definitely this one. Horizontal rain walking over to the ground. Soaking wet and freezing cold for the whole match. Never been so wet and cold in my life apart from on a school trip to the Lake District in November where we had to jump in a lake with a life jacket on before we went canoeing. Still shiver at that thought.

Back