Types of safc games you have watched and give an example

Mr.Thunders

Striker
As in bore 0-0 draw,last minute winner,draw that felt like a win,game of two halves, got hammered,destroyed the other team with a footballing masterclass and so on.

Draw that felt like a win- Chelsea at home under Poyet.

5.30ko and a great day out in Sunderland pre match,may have been when Vesta Tilleys opened for the first time but cant be sure.

Felt like a win as I was refreshed,iirc we had a decent chance to nick it at the end with Nonceson?

A 0-0 draw where absolutely nothing of note happened: Wolves at home in 2011/12

Game where we somehow lost despite battering the opposition: Blackpool at home in 2010/11

Last edited:
Hull away when we were down to 9 men by half time. Still makes me sick to think that we went down there with so much hope of beating fat cushion face and ended up being blown away by mediocrity.

Draw that felt like a win. Either a 1-1 or 0-0 against Chelsea under either Poyet or Advocaat. I do remember Vergini rainbow flicking Hazard on one of his mental runs from right back.

Hull away when we were down to 9 men by half time. Still makes me sick to think that we went down there with so much hope of beating fat cushion face and ended up being blown away by mediocrity.

From what I remember we were the much better side in the 2nd half even though we were down to 9 and should have come away with at least a point. First half was an absolute shambles though

Freezing games - Blackburn away under Keane (sure we played them a fair few times in a short period). Got beat anarl I think, on a Tuesday night.

0-2 versus Blackpool. The most one sided defeat I've ever seen. Could have scored double figures. Some incredible misses. Bad fortune. Good goal keeping. They had 2 chances.

Game of two halves. cruising at home to spurs 2-0 at ht. Came out for the second looking like they'd injected smack into their eyeballs

We beat Chelsea away 4 2 either before or after that game. Losing 2 3 v Spurs that season arguably cost us European football. Gary Docherty as well. Gary Docherty.

A gung-ho, let's just go for it, don't care if they score because we will anyway, type of game was the 3-3 draw at Spurs in 1990. Even at 2-0 ahead, we were piling forward. Even at 3-2 ahead with a minute to go, we went for it. Heartbreaking but brilliant at a time when Gascogne and Lineker were at their best but still outshone.

Back