Types of holidays you haven't been on.

My mates have been on a few. They absolutely love it. Get a decent drinks package, go somewhere interesting - sorted.
I've got friends who have and now wont do anything else?

Is it like some kind of cult, a secret society type thing?

To me it smacks of giving up and admitting you are past it.

Great way of doing a sightseeing trip tbf. You usually spend a fair bit of time doing a run ashore so it's a bit of a myth about "being stuck on a ship".

I've not been on any of these types of holiday:
A cruise, a fly drive, skiing, boating, adventure, safari, all inclusive, or an 18-30 holiday.

I've enjoyed all 3 cruises I've been on (2x Caribbean and Adriatic sea), although I'm not keen on the sea days.

Loved skiing as well although I'm fairly shite at it.

I've never been on Safari. Also fancy trekking Kilimanjaro one day, never done owt like that.

Last edited:
You ever been on holiday before?
Many times.

New York, Los Angeles, Hollywood, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Singapore, Germany, Hungary, France, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Czech Rep, Austria, to name but a few places, I've been to.

I like to fly to wherever I'm going, and once there, just do my own thing.
I like city holidays.

Each to their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Package tour.
Cruise.
Two week hotel-flight type thing.
Never been on any of them,and I have been around the world a few times.
What's the difference between a Package Tour and 'the hotel-flight type thing'? What do you do for a holiday (apart from avoid the common herd)?

What's the difference between a Package Tour and 'the hotel-flight type thing'? What do you do for a holiday (apart from avoid the common herd)?
Just done a month across Ontario and Quebec,flew to Ottawa and took a train.Last October jumped on a flight to Kathmandu,went trekking,did the helicopter flights to ABC and EBC then went overland into india,crossed into Bhutan,trekked again,that sort of stuff.
Package tour is just that,a fixed itinerary tour,hotel-flight is all inclusive same hotel,same pool,type thing?

Last edited:

I wouldn't say so, not from what they told me. The one around the Caribbean sounded great. Stop off in Cuba, Jamaica and whatnot. Canny

Bearing in mind I hate flying and my wife hates the sea, it doesn't leave us too much scope.
However, I've been on holiday by plane a few times, because my wife wanted to go and I wasn't about to wreck it for her.
Generally we holiday up the north east coast with the odd west coast (Scotland way) mixed in.

We're mainly caravan holidays.

You could say I'm a bit of a chicken. I'm over cautious. I'm one of those who thinks about the parts of a plane ratehr than just enjoying the flight.
I seriously want to beat myself up at times.:D

Bearing in mind I hate flying and my wife hates the sea, it doesn't leave us too much scope.
However, I've been on holiday by plane a few times, because my wife wanted to go and I wasn't about to wreck it for her.
Generally we holiday up the north east coast with the odd west coast (Scotland way) mixed in.

We're mainly caravan holidays.

You could say I'm a bit of a chicken. I'm over cautious. I'm one of those who thinks about the parts of a plane ratehr than just enjoying the flight.
I seriously want to beat myself up at times.:D

Aha, the old yard-high club! ;)
Ooops - need to add All Inclusive onto my list.

Last edited:
A lads one.
Conversely, lads holidays have ruined all subsequent holidays for me. I haven’t been on a package holiday abroad since we stopped doing them. I went to Spain with the kids and spent the whole time wishing I was in Benidorm on the lash. Nothing can ever be as much fun again, so I’d rather stay home and save the money than go and be disappointed.

Conversely, lads holidays have ruined all subsequent holidays for me. I haven’t been on a package holiday abroad since we stopped doing them. I went to Spain with the kids and spent the whole time wishing I was in Benidorm on the lash. Nothing can ever be as much fun again, so I’d rather stay home and save the money than go and be disappointed.
I’ve been away with the lads, stags and weekend piss ups but the typical lads holiday where you go to Ibiza for two weeks never appealed.

I just go to festivals now and do the same irresponsible shit there instead.
I’m currently sat in a caravan doing a jigsaw that daughter has given up on. Hedonism personified.
My version of holidays when I was younger was festivals to be honest, preferred them. Then i started going to festivals abroad.

Back