Type 2 diabetes

^^^ Is the right answer. ^^^

Type 2 is totally self inflicted, keto will reverse it. A high fat, moderate protein, low carb and get your carbs from veg.

Once the crap carbs are eradicated from your diet you'll be amazed how you don't crave sugar or food all the time.
No it isn’t. Lifestyle is a factor for many but to say its totally self inflicted is just plain wrong. There’s plenty other factors and many with type II are of a normal weight. There’s genetic factors that influence insulin resistance, chronic inflammation and stress from autoimmune disorders and things like Crohn’s can cause type II.
@Hair Flick is spot on, the Internet is a dangerous place to give or receive medical advice.
Rudd is correct, I have had T2D for the last 15 years. I have never been overweight throughout my whole life and have a BMI of 24, I weigh 78kg and I am 5’ 11”. To say I was miffed when I was diagnosed is an understatement as I had always been active and ate healthily. My GP told me that it was probably genetic and I later found out that my maternal grandfather had had it. It was the only bloody thing he ever gave me.

There’s genetic factors that influence insulin resistance, chronic inflammation and stress from autoimmune disorders and things like Crohn’s can cause type II.
How can Crohn's cause type 2? I've had Crohn's for 20+ years and am pretty sure I've got type 2 now but haven't been to see my gp about it yet.

Anyone any experience of it? Just been diagnosed with it. Got to see the diabetes nurse in a couple of days but been told my levels were hbaic 89 whatever that means
I was diagnosed a few years ago and did a bit of investigation on recommended diets and the various meds that are available. One thing I found is that Metformin is a nightmare drug. It just forces the sugar into your organs and essentially bloats them into submission which is why, in my opinion, a high number of people with T2 get organ failure and progressively get worse.

I ended up being given this: Jardiance is a once-daily oral medication that is used to control blood glucose levels in people with type 2 diabetes. This is achieved through helping the kidneys remove glucose from the bloodstream through the urine.

I had my yearly checkup and my hba1c is 51 down from last year’s 74 and I’ve made very little dietary changes in that time. If anything I’ve drank more because of being stuck in the house for a year. Liver and kidneys running at 100%, eyes are still perfect and foot pulses are perfect.

A poor vegan diet will do nothing for diabetes. It seems the rapid weight loss is the key.
You can still have type 2 even if your not overweight, limit your carb intake, not easy considering its in just about everything, rice, pasta, biscuits, bread etc, tried Keto few years ago , got blood readings down but was losing far too much weight.

You can still have type 2 even if your not overweight, limit your carb intake, not easy considering its in just about everything, rice, pasta, biscuits, bread etc, tried Keto few years ago , got blood readings down but was losing far too much weight.
Definitely but most people with type 2 have it for a reason.

How can Crohn's cause type 2? I've had Crohn's for 20+ years and am pretty sure I've got type 2 now but haven't been to see my gp about it yet.
I'm not sure of the methodology off the top of my head, but I think it was genetic. There was definitely an association between bowel conditions like Crohn's and inflammatory bowel disease. I'll have a look when I get a few minutes later today.
I'm not sure of the methodology off the top of my head, but I think it was genetic. There was definitely an association between bowel conditions like Crohn's and inflammatory bowel disease. I'll have a look when I get a few minutes later today.
@Fletch73 apologies mate. The link between bowel conditions and type I was genetic. Type II is thought to be linked to chronic inflammatory state of the gut and the role in glucose metabolism as a result of the condition. Its hypothesised that certain treatments like adapimumab and infliximab could also increase risk. Overall people with Crohn’s were 50% more likely to get type II than those without the diagnosis.

Last edited:

Back