Tyne Tunnel

johnna

Striker
Lost Magpie
Why do the blue badge holders get it for free? My mates wife works at bt and uses it every day, they have a canny wage coming in per month + her allowances, if you are on the dole you have to pay, or a oap you have to pay, yet they dont? If they did it would bring the cost down for all users surely, let the abuse begin!

They used to mate, think it was 20p, they stopped it when the new prices came in
Charge the fuckers full price...they use it. Or even a quid for convenience
I know they'll whinge saying they have to stop then dig some money out which holds the queue up but fuck them.

Motorbikes anarl. They all use it so charge the fuckers
Love zipping through for free on my R1.
They used to mate, think it was 20p, they stopped it when the new prices came in
Was aye. A right fuck on taking your glove off to find 20p in your pocket, glove back on after the money was tossed in the machine. Held cars up no end.

A common sense move by tt2 and the cost was passed on to car and hgv drivers anyway, so tt2 lost nothing.
Charge the fuckers full price...they use it. Or even a quid for convenience
I know they'll whinge saying they have to stop then dig some money out which holds the queue up but fuck them.
Suck it up, buttercup.

Last edited:
I don’t think blue badge holders should get it for free. A sliding scale based on how polluting your vehicle is would be a much better way of doing it, though ideally it should be free for all users - all toll roads should be.

Last time I used my missus's car in London the parking app refused to take payment because her car is registered for a Blue Badge. It's a 2 litre diesel hot hatch and I didn't have to pay the £14 parking charge, get in.

Was aye. A right fuck on taking your glove off to find 20p in your pocket, glove back on after the money was tossed in the machine. Held cars up no end.

A common sense move by tt2 and the cost was passed on to car and hgv drivers anyway, so tt2 lost nothing.

Suck it up, buttercup.
Was a chew on mind, i used to pop the 20p under the fuel cap lift up thing, is a lot better now for us bikers, if i had to pay though i wouldnt mind

Suck it up, buttercup.

I was going to say that, the reason is purely for time. A motorbike trying to dig out the money to pay could see 5 cars though.

Was a chew on mind, i used to pop the 20p under the fuel cap lift up thing, is a lot better now for us bikers, if i had to pay though i wouldnt mind

That's a really good idea.

Given the hugely increased odds of serious injury or death for motorcyclists I’m happy to pay a few quid on a toll road like.

Why do the blue badge holders get it for free? My mates wife works at bt and uses it every day, they have a canny wage coming in per month + her allowances, if you are on the dole you have to pay, or a oap you have to pay, yet they dont? If they did it would bring the cost down for all users surely, let the abuse begin!
Too much clart on at gate perhaps ? if you have a disability
certainly a motorbike is a night mare.bike into neutral ,Gloves off,try to get hands in pockets ,etc

Back