Tyne Tunnel

They are utterly f***ing useless mind. Our company was sold on 1st August and trying to set up new accounts for trucks and cars has been a nightmare. We still have all the cars on the truck account paying twice what we should because they still havent opened the car account.
I doubt that that's TTs fault.

For the first time ever I was the clampet stuck at the barrier cause the machine wouldn’t accept me coins. :oops:
Wouldn't bother me like, it's their stupid system.
Not that I use it much anyway but i don't carry cash so would have to wait for the card reader bloke.

I read that experience with other similar schemes shows that money made my fines roughly covers losses from people who never pay.
I don't think they expect to make any extra money out of this - its all about improving the throughput and making it better for the poor sods who have to use it every morning.

This system is also a step on the plan to remove the barriers altogether.
How can it cost them if people don't pay?

I was stuck in the tunnel heading north the other day because of the number of drivers who didn’t realise some of the toll booths are now pre-paid only. They must get a helluva surprise looking for a coin basket.
Trouble is there doesn’t seem to have been any recent publicity about it.

I was stuck in the tunnel heading north the other day because of the number of drivers who didn’t realise some of the toll booths are now pre-paid only. They must get a helluva surprise looking for a coin basket.
Trouble is there doesn’t seem to have been any recent publicity about it.
Big f***ing signs above each booth

Because they are pushing the pre-pay system. That would be the system which results in them having a huge amount of your collective money in their bank account earning them interest until you decide to use it. With contactless they don't get the benefit from that.
Have you seen what interest rates are now?

Because they are pushing the pre-pay system. That would be the system which results in them having a huge amount of your collective money in their bank account earning them interest until you decide to use it. With contactless they don't get the benefit from that.

Can you top up as much as you like, with it being 1.80 a pop can you top up say £9?

Similar to what the m6 toll has for regular users but they’re not stupid, they still have a contactless option for casual users.

Even on the high street you can get nearly 3%. With a few million quids worth of other people's money sitting in your bank account you could potentially be getting a lot more.

Really? I've got an online one with £20k in it which was supposed to be the best on comparison sites and it's less than 1%.

Back