Tyne Tunnel

No contactless and no machines to withdraw money and then fining people £60 each way if they dont pay the invoice within 48 hours is absolutely shocking.

I know we forgot about the slips but jesus christ man. 5p I was short on the north bound side, you have to laugh.
They will make a fortune with the pay later slips. It could easily slip your mind after you have finished your journey, as you found out.

They will make a fortune with the pay later slips. It could easily slip your mind after you have finished your journey, as you found out.
I read that experience with other similar schemes shows that money made my fines roughly covers losses from people who never pay.
I don't think they expect to make any extra money out of this - its all about improving the throughput and making it better for the poor sods who have to use it every morning.

This system is also a step on the plan to remove the barriers altogether.

They are utterly f***ing useless mind. Our company was sold on 1st August and trying to set up new accounts for trucks and cars has been a nightmare. We still have all the cars on the truck account paying twice what we should because they still havent opened the car account.

My dad, who lives in Howdon, was going to the Royal Quays, took the wrong turning had to go through the tunnel and come back through the other end. :lol:
:lol: I've done that before years ago. Had an interview and needed to come off onto the A185 into Jarra, hadn't been driving long, nervous as fuck, missed the turn so had to go through the tunnel, pull over to get change then straight back.

Didn't get the job like :lol:

I can't believe it's still the same cash system. The Harbour Bridge/Tunnel here went Electronic Tag only over a decade ago. We do have a lot of toll roads and tunnels like but you'd have to think that 90% of Tyne Tunnel users would be regulars and hardly tourists. They just need to set up cameras and you get 48hrs to pay + administration cost for non tag users.

Back