Tyne Tunnel changes

This means that the barriers will be gone and instead of a jam before them you'll get a massive crush after them as 12 lanes of traffic try to squeeze into 2.

Oh and thanks for the price hike Mr Tunnel, so much for the promise when it was built back in the day, that there would only be a charge until it was paid for then it would be free.
It has just doubled in size.

This means that the barriers will be gone and instead of a jam before them you'll get a massive crush after them as 12 lanes of traffic try to squeeze into 2.

Oh and thanks for the price hike Mr Tunnel, so much for the promise when it was built back in the day, that there would only be a charge until it was paid for then it would be free.

Just don’t have 12 ANPR cameras...have two on entry, two on exit and keep it at two lanes the entire way

Traffic would be freely moving and not having to stop

I understand what you are saying but surely without the toll booths there it will just be 2/3 lanes going into 2. There won't be any need to have all the lanes open.

I thought that once they had finished the Silverlink work the tunnel would be jammed from all the traffic piling in at once without any lights a mile away holding them up now and again. That hasn't happened to my knowledge.

I use the tunnel twice a day and I am fairly confident that it will work.

I have always been dubious at how their machines would click money if you did not have the right change. Imagine how much money they must make from people who just have 2 quid coins etc, 1000s of people paying 20p more.

Just don’t have 12 ANPR cameras...have two on entry, two on exit and keep it at two lanes the entire way

Traffic would be freely moving and not having to stop
How does this system work - why are cameras needed at both ends? Presumably it is a different system to the one in limited use at the moment?

The cameras they have on 2 lanes now can't even ensure free flowing travel for the small number who seem to have registered for ANPR. Vehicles using those lanes still need to pretty much come to a halt before they get the green light.

Back