TY McGurks

My overriding memory is a f***ing massive yellow high top basketball shoe in the basement, may have been a reebok pump. They had it on display as some sort of freak show exhibit.

That must have been one of those Shaquille O'Neal promo things. Loads of those in the 90s.

Oh Christ. That’s a blast from the past !!! Out of nowhere, such memories.
So that’d be kinda where that lasses clothes shop is now. Just outside the bridges where the o2 shop is ?? Or am I way off. Hard to picture where it was

Oh Christ. That’s a blast from the past !!! Out of nowhere, such memories.
So that’d be kinda where that lasses clothes shop is now. Just outside the bridges where the o2 shop is ?? Or am I way off. Hard to picture where it was

Not the 02 shop..further along where New Look is..maybe a bit further even because a lot of that row of shops is gone now.

Loved it, had a crazy mix of shirts as a kid because I got the cheap from there. You'd see kits you'd never seen before in there. Loved getting trainers from there too as you find ones you hadn't seen before. Anyone remember that massive basketball shoe they had on display was massive. Also Billy would often be downstairs behind the counter was like getting served by a celebrity, the fooker would often crack on to me ma as well.

I m pretty certain it was just over the path from the legendary Crowtree Leisure centre. As a Shields lad I was always on the Nook one just looking until it was my birthday or in SportPack down the town centre over the road from Annie McCarthy's

What happened to those shops? Did they go bust or did the main man just retire with no one to take it on?

It always looked busy

Aye, got some weird football shirts that would be worth a canny bit now.
Chelsea away (red & white squares with Commodore Amiga sponsor).
Napoli
Lazio
Parma

Back