Two things that really grind my gears

Status
Not open for further replies.

conno2k4

Central Defender
1. We don't close down players who are about to cross a ball in. We just let it happen.

2. This one is the most annoying. When we get a throw in, nobody wants it. We have one option which is covered by a defender. Other teams can take throws with 3 or 4 options and defenders don't have a clue.

This has pissed me off since August, don't know why I didn't mention it earlier.

Basics !
We haven't done it for ages and it's been mentioned on here loads

The throw in thing is the worst. But the sight of Billy Jones walking up to an attacker with his hands behind his back 'attenpting' to stop a cross despite being 15 yards away just makes me sick.

1. We don't close down players who are about to cross a ball in. We just let it happen.

2. This one is the most annoying. When we get a throw in, nobody wants it. We have one option which is covered by a defender. Other teams can take throws with 3 or 4 options and defenders don't have a clue.

This has pissed me off since August, don't know why I didn't mention it earlier.

Half hearted attempts to stop crosses when players are close is more annoying.
One of the reasons wide players are not closed down is due to fullbacks being narrow and defending the edge of the box rather than the man so quite a distance off to get near to them before they cross the ball.

I did ask on here why fullbacks do that and someone said it doesn't happen, absolute bollocks as it's not just us that does it but he said he was a coach so knows better than I ever can.

The throw in thing is the worst. But the sight of Billy Jones walking up to an attacker with his hands behind his back 'attenpting' to stop a cross despite being 15 yards away just makes me sick.
lol

2. Happened last season too and the bellends even made quite a few foul throws.

Half hearted attempts to stop crosses when players are close is more annoying.
One of the reasons wide players are not closed down is due to fullbacks being narrow and defending the edge of the box rather than the man so quite a distance off to get near to them before they cross the ball.

I did ask on here why fullbacks do that and someone said it doesn't happen, absolute bollocks as it's not just us that does it but he said he was a coach so knows better than I ever can.

If only our full back was narrow tonight. Although the blame does lie with both defenders in question.

Thanks Microsoft.

1. Paolo Di Canio
2. Roy Keane
Not being in charge.

I've noticed, not so much last night, that Rodwell and Gibson actually walk towards their marker and hide behind him.

Said that a couple of weeks ago.
We don't work at all.
We don't move into space when we have the ball and we don't press when we don't have the ball.
We are static.

If you don't have talent you need to work hard. If you do neither you're fucked. Hence we're fucked.
This for me, loads of examples last night, the holder of the ball is given no easy option so it usually goes straight back to the opposition.

The throw-ins, usually from Jones are an embarrassment.

What made me laugh is that when we had the ball at the back it was usually punted up to Vic.....fine.....but when he was in an attacking position it wasn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back