Two point hospital

Decent review

Looks VERY much like the original, to the point where I don't see the point in not just playing the original?

Last edited:

Looks VERY much like the original, to the point where I don't see the point in not just playing the original?

That's like saying why play Fifa 19 when you have Fifa 95.

I played it on release yesterday morning like the giddy nerd I am, it's a good game, my problem with it is the challenge aspect, it's very hard to 'lose' a level.

Unless you go full Rangers FC on your hospital and hire like 20 doctors at the very start you can always get yourself out the mess and get atleast a 1 star hospital, a 3 star may require a few re-runs

Anyone played it yet?? Thoughts??

Initial thoughts about 2 hours in are that it maintains the humour of the original Theme Hospital, graphically it is very charming and the art style is very unique. The controls are very simple so takes about 5 minutes to get properly into it. The idea is you switch back and forth between the hospitals so as you unlock more in the later levels, you can go back to the first missions and add the unlocks into that hospital to improve it so it's not so much a mission by mission basis - you're effectively building a branch of hospitals.

If you loved theme hospital, you'll love this.

Initial thoughts about 2 hours in are that it maintains the humour of the original Theme Hospital, graphically it is very charming and the art style is very unique. The controls are very simple so takes about 5 minutes to get properly into it. The idea is you switch back and forth between the hospitals so as you unlock more in the later levels, you can go back to the first missions and add the unlocks into that hospital to improve it so it's not so much a mission by mission basis - you're effectively building a branch of hospitals.

If you loved theme hospital, you'll love this.
Sold!!

Good stuff. Even the subtle differences, like for instance, rooms no longer have to be 4 sided - open up way more design ideas. it might aswell be called theme hopsital 2.
Written by 2 of the guys who did TH, it basically is the sequel.

I never played the original Theme Hospital but might give this a go. I really hope they remake Theme Park.

I used to love Theme Park, but I think Rollercoaster Tycoon and Planet Coaster are the 'successors' to that game, IMO.

The setting of Theme Hospital was and still is a niche.

I used to love Theme Park, but I think Rollercoaster Tycoon and Planet Coaster are the 'successors' to that game, IMO.

The setting of Theme Hospital was and still is a niche.
For some reason, as much as I loved theme park , I couldn't get away with rct

Theme Park: World is probably 1 of the best simulation games ever made. It wasn't just about building the park you got to take part in your own rides to win 'tickets' to advance to the next level which brought engagement.

Anyhow, I'm about 15 hours into the game. The general consensus like myself think it's a good game but there's 2 rooms in the game which are broken to fuck which will need patching; GP's Office - When you have 300+ patients in your hospital with an average queue time of about 20 people that's about 15 GP's Offices needed, it's just wrong and there's other factors such as when a bloke who's near/at the top of the queue list fucks off to the Toilet or Cafe making the queue time even longer because 250 people are waiting for just 1 guy who needs a shite.
And the Fracture Ward - Takes about 5-10 minutes in real time to operate on 1 person :D Sometimes you get emergencies with 7-10 of them all needing a Fracture Ward which gives you about 5 minutes to complete but it can take upto an hour real time to get through them all :D

Planet Coaster is a modern version, meant to be very good.

I never played the original Theme Hospital but might give this a go. I really hope they remake Theme Park.

Planet Coaster is an absolutely cracking game. If you're looking for a bit of a Theme Park/Rollercoaster Tycoon remake/sequel/same-same but with shinier graphics I can highly recommend it.

Back