Two men working on the short list ...

Maybe some have aye. But some are also on there because they got banned on here for some fairly bigoted comments and plenty have followed to get takeover chat. I don’t think it’s necessarily a mass migration to protest the civility and politeness as is being made out :lol:

But I take your point. Any kind of reference to bed wetting, happy clapping or fanny wiping as the witty fella posted earlier should just be deletion on the grounds of dire patter

I accept that. I’m not saying he’s been a poor manager at all, I just think he’d be a poor appointment for us. There are other caveats attached in terms of what we need because of where we presently are. Optimism, ambition and hope need to be represented in this next appointment to ensure the atmosphere doesn’t take a sharp turn for the worse

I was just making the point he's possibly a better option than Ainsworth.

We need someone who's not afraid to play attacking football, wants to dominate the ball while not being scared to throw one of the kids in. I really haven't seen anything in Dobson yet to say he's better than E.Robson, Mumba or Embleton. Ross used experience as an excuse, but if they are technically better it was down to him to fit them in.

A man steeped in non-league football and another whose speciality is insurance and real estate. What could possibly go wrong.

this is a good point. Our set up is very lower league now. Some will say ‘well that’s where we are’ and I accept that, but nothing about our set up suggests that we’re geared up for a brighter future. The protracted takeover business is one issue but our recruitment, the profile of the players were signing (loans, rejects and 25+ year olds with no potential to get better) and the alleged managerial contenders all points toward league one pragmatism rather than long term vision or direction

I would have replaced Richard Hill before Ross tbh.
Tbh I don't have that much confidence in a few of those who are in high up roles - Hill, Coton and possibly the fella in charge of the academy - Reid? Although with the latter I've got little to back that up other than not expecting him to be any good because I don't rate Hill and Coton at all. Put in positions above their abilities imo.

Stendal and cook gave been promoted and ainsworth team are a bunch of f***ing wankers, what makes you think he'll be canny?
I was talking about the club and what it has become. An ordinary Third Division run of the mill club. Not one of those managers inspire me. Besides, you cannot get blood from a stone. I fear the infrastructure will be next to suffer without the turnover to sustain it.

I reckon this club is becoming like Liverpool were before Shankly arrived. I.e big city club doing nothing and going nowhere. Where the hell we're going to find our Bill Shankly I don't know, but I don't think any of the so far mentioned names are likely to be him. I can't throw a name into the pot to suggest one either.

Back