Two men working on the short list ...

Ainsworth would be a huge risk + has no experience in the league we want to be in next year.

it’s not the experience of certain leagues I’m concerned about, it’s about the experience either as a player or a manager of being at a club where’s theres been a level of scrutiny, expectation and pressure. None of the candidates mentioned have much of that.

it’s not the experience of certain leagues I’m concerned about, it’s about the experience either as a player or a manager of being at a club where’s theres been a level of scrutiny, expectation and pressure. None of the candidates mentioned have much of that.

Z German who was at Barnsley has had experience at Hannover which is a similar size to us.

Z German who was at Barnsley has had experience at Hannover which is a similar size to us.

Stendel is possibly the only candidate of the league one fellas that I’d be relatively content with. Ainsworth, Parkinson and the likes would be concerning for me

Stendel is possibly the only candidate of the league one fellas that I’d be relatively content with. Ainsworth, Parkinson and the likes would be concerning for me

At least Parkinson has managed to get teams promoted on a shoe string. He done wonders at Bolton when you consider they stayed up over us 2 years ago.

That's the reason I wouldn't be against Philips getting the job, he's played and coached at the top level, would know about the expectations, plus the fans wouldn't be on his back as quickly.

That's the reason I wouldn't be against Philips getting the job, he's played and coached at the top level, would know about the expectations, plus the fans wouldn't be on his back as quickly.

yeah, I’m inclined to agree. He wouldn’t be my number one choice now but I’d be happier with him being appointed than some of the other candidates. I backed Phillips for the job when Grayson got it pretty much for the same reasons as I would now if a couple of other candidates are non starters

Back