Two clubs interested in Oviedo

We were struggling at the end of last season. Do you remember maguire and mcgeady struggling at the business end? Cattermole was knackered for a while, grigg not fit, wyke, watmore suspect with injuries. How anyone can suggest a smaller squad than last year is beyond me like.
Is it possible that with a smaller squad (ie less team changes) that some of the draws may have been turned into wins?

Unchanged line ups are usually more cohesive than those who chop and change every week.

We were struggling at the end of last season. Do you remember maguire and mcgeady struggling at the business end? Cattermole was knackered for a while, grigg not fit, wyke, watmore suspect with injuries. How anyone can suggest a smaller squad than last year is beyond me like.
Cos we'll save money.. Fuck the team, play the kids

We all know Oviedo is all about the money so its going to be hard for the club to shift and a loan out will be best option hoping a club will pay at least 60% of his salary but even that is going to be too much for some clubs, and if he does go we dont need to replace him leave that room for a Jan signing if we need it...

Cos we'll save money.. Fuck the team, play the kids

Pleased you got team and kids the right way round :lol:

Is it possible that with a smaller squad (ie less team changes) that some of the draws may have been turned into wins?

Unchanged line ups are usually more cohesive than those who chop and change every week.

Of course mate, and equally possible some of those draws could have turned into defeats had we only had a 20 man squad to call on.

Squads lacking in numbers are usually less able to cope with injuries, suspensions and fixture pile ups than those with a bigger squad.

Last edited:
Ross has said it’s a one in one out. Oviedo is on huge wages for L1.

Get rid and we can not only bring someone in, the wages saved will also help.

For me the jury is still out in respect of Hume but others can cover fullback positions and if getting Oviedo out gives us the chance to bring in a player to address a glaring gap in the squad (e g someone with pace) then it’s an easy decision to make.
Good post

Pleased you got team and kids the right way round :lol:

Of course mate, and equally possible some of those draws could have turned into defeats had we only had a 20 man squad to call on.

Squads lacking in numbers are usually less able to cope with injuries, suspensions and fixture pile ups than those with a bigger squad.
:confused:

I remember 3 games late on last season, Walsall, came on last 10/15 mins and was tortured by their RW, Rochdale took off at HT and Southend he was dreadful.
Hope he improves this season mind.

Struggled with strength and physicality last season. Rochdale were specifically throwing long balls into his corner to attack our weakness. At least with a three we may have the assistance of say Flanagan

BTW this 20 man squad thing is a load of bollocks as well. We got hit by injuries towards the end of last season at a crucial time. They also insisted on taking that mickey mouse cup seriously. The solution? Aim for a smaller squad, because that will help us cope with a 60 plus game season better.

Spot on that mind.
I really hope we aren’t intending to make the same mistake again with the Checkatrade.

When's the deadline?
He will still be here anyway. Despite being "desperate" to leave, the 40k pw too good to not have.

Love all these bold statements I keep hearing/reading (not just on here!) about Denver Hume, who’s played about a dozen games for the club, being better/as good as/a better option than an international and World Cup player that has played quite a few games in the Premier League. :lol:

Saying get rid of Oviedo to give Hume his break is a bit different, but no way is he in the same class as Oviedo...yet. ;)

BTW this 20 man squad thing is a load of bollocks as well. We got hit by injuries towards the end of last season at a crucial time. They also insisted on taking that mickey mouse cup seriously. The solution? Aim for a smaller squad, because that will help us cope with a 60 plus game season better.

We played mostly reserves in the CC trophy. With the exception of Bristol, first teamers were rested.

Like people have highlighted Oviedo is a ex premier league/world cup player and current international yet I can't remember one game last season where he stood out (as he should playing in league one) that along given his salary is enough for me to get him off the books. Hume as a young player coming through now needs to be given games..

Love all these bold statements I keep hearing/reading (not just on here!) about Denver Hume, who’s played about a dozen games for the club, being better/as good as/a better option than an international and World Cup player that has played quite a few games in the Premier League. :lol:

Saying get rid of Oviedo to give Hume his break is a bit different, but no way is he in the same class as Oviedo...yet. ;)

Yip

Back