Two clubs interested in Oviedo

I don't really mind as the numbers put into the public arena last week were fairly compelling tbf. Its not great a d losing All his wages would help enormously. Personally I'd use the money on another CB as I don't want to see any of the 4 we had last season start this one.
Yup. There’s nowt to say we have to go like for like. Personally, if we sell him I’d be tempted to move for a creative player - or a central midfielder who can provide some energy.

End of the day Ross wants a 20 man squad including Hume & Robson. They're at like 24 at the moment including Oviedo so we'll still be selling another few to get it down to where they want it. They're not going to go and sign another 3 players unless they leave first.
Yup. The difficulty is that I’m not sure how they find the players to go. Oviedo and Loovens are the only two obvious ones left.

Is everyone conveniently forgetting his good form at the start of last season? He was one of our main attacking weapons when ross was doing his lopsided defence thing. He got 3 assists in the first 3 games. But aye hes shite, nowt to do with not being utilised properly. The clown actually stumbled upon something that worked but thought, "nah we cant have that, let's change it".

It's the angle the club have taken recently to be fair, that's very much why I made the point. They can't keep iquoting the wages cap when there are so few players who signed their current deals under the previous regime, maybe 2 or 3? Once Oviedo goes that excuse disappears.

They've been sending mixed messages about high earners since they came in - we need to get rid of them/we can afford to keep them. All that's been said in recent weeks is by Ross and that it's one in one out as the squad is too large and then a few weeks/month ago Donald spoke about how many midfielders we had last season.

No one to my knowledge has said getting rid of high earners means we'll get in several new players (though Donald has intimated that on Roker Report once or twice previously about how many wages they could pay, without saying it directly) - it's fans on places like this who have said this since the owners came in and it hasn't really been the case so far.

I'd rather he stayed but we'd need to sign a replacement if he went. Would be taking a chance with a player who's never played a full season of first team football as our only LB.

That's without mentioning Hume's ability.

End of the day Ross wants a 20 man squad including Hume & Robson. They're at like 24 at the moment including Oviedo so we'll still be selling another few to get it down to where they want it. They're not going to go and sign another 3 players unless they leave first.

We'll likely have problems shifting one or two given many have been recently signed too. Those advocating us selling Oviedo are thinking he'll be replaced, yet we're still over that 20 man squad by some distance. When they see we can't move on Baldwin, Loovens, Ozturk and have just signed Willis and McLaughlin it'll be a f***ing treat for them seeing Flanagan fill in at fullback given he was cover for that area at Burton when Hume's injured or even right sided Conor McLaughlin.

Hope he does go cant remember him doing anything of note....so its a goodbye from me another player we have made richer by doing fuck all,sad but very true.

Is everyone conveniently forgetting his good form at the start of last season? He was one of our main attacking weapons when ross was doing his lopsided defence thing. He got 3 assists in the first 3 games. But aye hes shite, nowt to do with not being utilised properly. The clown actually stumbled upon something that worked but thought, "nah we cant have that, let's change it".

He was a key creative influence early on in a side which was open in central midfield and at the back, but which was scoring goals. He's one of a couple of our players who can pick a pass and create moves too, being really comfortable on the ball. I get he's not the strongest and I get he's not great defensively, but if we're playing wing backs for any length of time he's exactly the type we need, because we're lacking the things he has in too many areas. I mean there's people on this thread saying he's not played well at times. Maybe not 40k a week well, but he's a good footballer.

BTW this 20 man squad thing is a load of bollocks as well. We got hit by injuries towards the end of last season at a crucial time. They also insisted on taking that mickey mouse cup seriously. The solution? Aim for a smaller squad, because that will help us cope with a 60 plus game season better.

We'll likely have problems shifting one or two given many have been recently signed too. Those advocating us selling Oviedo are thinking he'll be replaced, yet we're still over that 20 man squad by some distance. When they see we can't move on Baldwin, Loovens, Ozturk and have just signed Willis and McLaughlin it'll be a f***ing treat for them seeing Flanagan fill in at fullback given he was cover for that area at Burton when Hume's injured or even right sided Conor McLaughlin.

Gooch has been playing LWB this pre season so they're obviously looking at position flexibility there. Mental.

Back