Twickenham Hotel Advice

ywcmackem

Winger
Going to England vs Japan at Twickenham next weekend. Been invited at short notice and after hotel recommendations.
Not the best at finding my way around London so would need somewhere close with easy commute. Driving down Friday night and returning Sunday. Any help will be grateful.

I’ve stayed in the Alexander Pope hotel a few times when down there for work. About a 10 - 15 minute walk to the stadium (but you do pass a few pubs along the way)

I like it, and you can normally get a half decent deal.. maybe not so easy when there’s a game on like.

Going to England vs Japan at Twickenham next weekend. Been invited at short notice and after hotel recommendations.
Not the best at finding my way around London so would need somewhere close with easy commute. Driving down Friday night and returning Sunday. Any help will be grateful.

London and get the train in.

I’ve stayed in the Alexander Pope hotel a few times when down there for work. About a 10 - 15 minute walk to the stadium (but you do pass a few pubs along the way)

I like it, and you can normally get a half decent deal.. maybe not so easy when there’s a game on like.
Looks good but like you said fully booked. We meeting in pub called "The Winning Post". Is that one you pass.

There's a massive Premier Inn near Heathrow which isn't far off. When we stayed a couple of years ago there were loads of Rugby fans staying there for the world cup

I was at the England vs South Africa game last weekend. I stayed in the Travellodge in Hammersmith. Easy to get the underground to and not too far away from the ground.

This, if you want decent transport links into London. @Flared Hicks idea about Richmond if you're just going to stay around the local area, which is very nice.

If you're staying in Hammersmith it also means you can walk to the tube station at Hounslow instead of queueing for hours at the train station and a slow crawl back into London in a packed fartbox

Richmond Hill hotel is nice. Right on the gates to Richmond Park, short stroll down the hill to Richmond for piss up before a stroll out to Twickers
Nice hotel but expensive, theres a decent b&b hotel at bottom of bank called richmond park hotel i think, readonable price and on doorstep of richmond pubs n restaurants, bus to twickenham over river. Lovely place.

Nice hotel but expensive, theres a decent b&b hotel at bottom of bank called richmond park hotel i think, readonable price and on doorstep of richmond pubs n restaurants, bus to twickenham over river. Lovely place.
Often have deals on, sure we got a room for about £80 a couple of years back.

Nice ine, its in a great lication but I suppose I was staying for work so wanting cheaper alternative. Also theres a prem inn and travelodge in richmond.

Even better if you can hoy a bike in the boot, or rent one and go for a cycle round the park. The colours will be stunning right now, and the deer likely to be rutting.
Now you've gone and ruined it.

Just be aware if you are using the train that there is strike action for the next 3 or 4 Saturdays. There will be reduced services.

You could also consider stopping in Windsor and getting the train back to Twickenham if they are running. You got anyone coming with you?

Last edited:

Back