TV upstairs

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Dave Herbal, Apr 15, 2019 at 12:33 PM.

1. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

I got the knackered "downstairs" video when my brother went to uni mid 90's - 1994 maybe. The buttons on it were as worn out as my copy of Lethal Weapon 2 would be a couple weeks later.

2. mcq10

mcq10 Striker

Try to spend as much time as possible with the family as I only get to see the bairn for about an hour after work. We’ve tablets and stuff but if the bairn is playing on hers it’s usually in the same room as us.

3. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

Isn't the kids having control of the living room TV one of the primary reasons why people relent and get TVs for the kids' bedrooms?

the boot likes this.
  4. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

Same. They have tablets but their time is controlled on them. They do have their uses for getting them to STFU mind.

5. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

No idea - I don't watch much bar the footy anyway and theyre in bed well before that so I don't mind. Its not like theyre glued to it - a couple of episodes of Paw Patrol or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse before their tea is all they watch

Only time the tablets come out for our 2 is when theyre battering our heads in the car on the way to the inlaws :D

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 1:15 PM
  6. This all day, playing champ man over watching corrie.

Doberman and Mackem00 like this.
  7. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

Why?

8. the boot

the boot Midfield

Same here mate. A midi Hifi with twin tape decks should be enough these days. We never see the kids it’s literally like a hotel.

9. mcq10

mcq10 Striker

Driving back home tomorrow from ireland. The bairn has already picked her netflix downloads for the drive back.

Lambchops likes this.
  10. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

She’s got YouTube and Netflix already via the smart tv, but she wants normal telly now.

11. Goat Eyes

Goat Eyes Striker

Reet Dave. They’ve spoken, you’re not allowed a TV in the bedroom.

12. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

Imagine the dust man - you've seen his living room

bayek, Goat Eyes, mcq10 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Freeview then

The aerials off Amazon are spot on

Edit - doesn’t just have to be amazon mind, nee wonder that fucker has loads of money

14. mcq10

mcq10 Striker

Said earlier mate, I want to spend time with the family. By the time dinner is done, bathed and ready for bed the bairns have about 30 minutes before they go down.

Ones four, other 11 months.

Not a long to spend time with them.

Even when they get older I won’t allow TVs and screens in the bedrooms. Too many kids I teach are raised by the gadgets in the house.

15. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

I can prat about on my phone when the kids are watching PJ Masks. Or use catch up for anything I miss live.

Not an option for parents in the 80's/90's.

16. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

True. The only thing you could do back then was record on VHS and hope you didn't manage to miss the ending (something my dad did with most of his recordings).

HABA87 likes this.
  17. Kevsgreat

Kevsgreat Striker

This. The way people go on about the evils of technology you'd think it all came without an off switch.

redandwhiterob likes this.
  18. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

Mine are 9 and 12 and spend all their time fighting if I don’t hypnotise them with technology.

Napoleon Dynamite likes this.
  19. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Striker

It’s the only chance I get to get hold of the big TV remote when I chase mine to their rooms to watch their TV’s/iPads. Nowt wrong with that in moderation.

20. oROSSo

oROSSo Striker Staff Member

Apple tv? Do cartoon network have an app?