TV Travel Programmes - Hosts

Magenta Divine and Shankar Guha were the best like.
I refuse to watch owt with that Giles Coren on like.
Didn't realise she died last year, loved her when I was a young-un
I love the place. One of the main reasons is the lack of US influence. The people are genuine and well educated, the architecture is stunning. I know that almost all of the deprivations you have suffered since the revolution have been inflicted by America as a penance for daring to stand up for yourselves against their corporations and money. I bow to your obvious better knowledge and hope you're right about the long term future, insane amounts of money can be a devious and poisonous addition to any society. Your chief advantage against this is your education system. Please don't lose sight of that. :)
Fortunately I was there in February just before lock down, love the people, culture, food and booze
My favourite country visited.
Your spot on with your analysis, if Batista had stayed in power, Cuba would have been a mafia money laundering center and half the young lasses would have finished up working in brothels

Last edited:

Been watching this fellas shows on Netflix, cool as fuck. Gutted to find out of his demise too, really sad. Watched the Scotland episode, him an AA Gill bring toasted to good health, jesus.
Found this today. Watched Las Vegas and London episodes. Tremendous documentary. Then was googling why he hadn’t been to Sydney and I was shocked to read he had took his own life. He seemed a very decent bloke but reading about him, he had demons underneath. Poor bloke.

Rexommend his show Parts Unknown if anyone is interested in travel and food.

Back