TV shows that started of great and then went crap?

We started watching Workin’ Moms last week. I didn’t think I was going to like it (assumed it would be some “dramady” aimed at women) but it was actually very well written, quite edgy and most importantly laugh out loud funny.

However, at some point during season 3 it appears to have transitioned into what I thought it was going to be and I can’t remember the last laugh out loud moment. Due to start season 4 tonight and hoping it picks up again.

Already been said but Heroes and The walking dead were the ones that sprung to mind.

Celebrity juice, enjoyed it at first then it became tedious bollocks

Prisoner Cell Block H when it changed its name to Wentworth

It didn't change its name to Wentworth. Totally different program, based on the same premise and one or two of the same characters.

For the record, though, as much as I loved Prisoner, Wentworth blows it out of the watter.

One of the best things on telly. Ridiculously far fetched, at times, but f*cking great.

It didn't change its name to Wentworth. Totally different program, based on the same premise and one or two of the same characters.

For the record, though, as much as I loved Prisoner, Wentworth blows it out of the watter.

One of the best things on telly. Ridiculously far fetched, at times, but f*cking great.
I went to see prisoner at the Empire :) I think myself and the ex were the only two straight people in the audience.

Just about everything that runs for more than two or three series, runs out of steam and out of ideas.

Gotham was a prime example. I watched it all the way through, almost out of a sense of duty but was bored shitless by the end.

I never made it to the end of Dexter, Walking Dead, Blindspot, American Horror Story, Peaky Blinders and loads of others.
I went to see prisoner at the Empire :) I think myself and the ex were the only two straight people in the audience.

You're wrong. :lol:

Just about everything that runs for more than two or three series, runs out of steam and out of ideas.

Gotham was a prime example. I watched it all the way through, almost out of a sense of duty but was bored shitless by the end.

I never made it to the end of Dexter, Walking Dead, Blindspot, American Horror Story, Peaky Blinders and loads of others.

You're wrong. :lol:
So at least three of us :) I enjoyed all of Gotham.

I can’t remember exactly when we gave up on it, but we got to the point where we were looking at each other going “are you really bothered about watching the rest of this?”.

Brothers & Sisters. loved it at the start but really lost its way, pulled it back a bit at the very end

My favourite show of all time was Only Fools and Horses, however the newer episodes weren't as funny as the older ones imo. I'm not saying it was crap in the end, it just wasn't as funny as when it fist started. It's the case about any show that goes on for too long it will eventually lose its appeal.

Back