tv packages

Virgin Media Ultimate Oomph package here. £94 a month for
Full telly package, inc Sky movies n Sports and BT sports
2 V6 boxes
All in anytime telephone calls and line rental
M500 broadband
No limit data sim card
Currently being advertised at£79.99 a month
I have at present sky package that costs £98 a month. I am paying BT £82 a month for broadband, bt sports and phone. £180 draws in a sharp intake of breath.
My BT broadband expires early next month. In all the years I have had very little problems with BT. My email address is bt and macafee security is used on phones and tablets
we also have to sky q minis and find sky go useful (mainly for my grandson who is in the navy and finds it useful when in base)

Ive started looking around.
BT have this vip tv package which is £65 + broadband £70 (wont have to pay for hd bt sports) Looks like you can buy boxes so can have it in 2 bedrooms and living room
I notice, you need a working aerial.
How good is the tv (I know it will depend on reception) but generally how good is the tv and picture etc. will I lose bt email and I think it is a sayer that I will lose macafee for all mobiles and tablets

sky, dont want to use them for broadband. tv package seems expensive

virgin media

can get a canny package for £102 a month for 18 months and then £146 for another 18 months. unlimited broadband. drawback only 1 minibox allowed and no tablet app. wife not happy that we cant have a full package for grandsons room and loss of app)

what are peoples thoughts about the packages and whats on offer.
Can you get Virgin? Ultimate oopah package £79.99 a month

Last edited:
If I want to downgrade my package I normally go to upgrades, they usually pick the phone up shit hot. Then tell them to put you through:lol:

Some of the prices on this thread are mind boggling to watch the telly and surf the internet mind. UK has to be up with the most expensive for it in the world

I have at present sky package that costs £98 a month. I am paying BT £82 a month for broadband, bt sports and phone. £180 draws in a sharp intake of breath.
My BT broadband expires early next month. In all the years I have had very little problems with BT. My email address is bt and macafee security is used on phones and tablets
we also have to sky q minis and find sky go useful (mainly for my grandson who is in the navy and finds it useful when in base)

Ive started looking around.
BT have this vip tv package which is £65 + broadband £70 (wont have to pay for hd bt sports) Looks like you can buy boxes so can have it in 2 bedrooms and living room
I notice, you need a working aerial.
How good is the tv (I know it will depend on reception) but generally how good is the tv and picture etc. will I lose bt email and I think it is a sayer that I will lose macafee for all mobiles and tablets

sky, dont want to use them for broadband. tv package seems expensive

virgin media

can get a canny package for £102 a month for 18 months and then £146 for another 18 months. unlimited broadband. drawback only 1 minibox allowed and no tablet app. wife not happy that we cant have a full package for grandsons room and loss of app)

what are peoples thoughts about the packages and whats on offer.
Youre being ripped off.
Phone call to Sky and BT would get that halved when your contract is up.

Some of the prices on this thread are mind boggling to watch the telly and surf the internet mind. UK has to be up with the most expensive for it in the world

:lol: They should count their blessings.

Telly package including fibre 1,600 kroner.
Viaplay 339 kroner.
Netflix 129 kroner.
HBO Nordic 99 kroner.
Disney+ 59 kroner.
Spotify 149 kroner.
UK VPN thingie 90 kroner.
Mobile phone 179 kroner.

That is around 2,650 kroner a month. Or around £320.

My morning paper is 639 kroner a month. Or around 77 quid.

Edit: plus telly licence.

Last edited:
Basic Sky is £25 a month

£300 a year for crap channels.
:lol: They should count their blessings.

Telly package including fibre 1,600 kroner.
Viaplay 339 kroner.
Netflix 129 kroner.
HBO Nordic 99 kroner.
Disney+ 59 kroner.
Spotify 149 kroner.
UK VPN thingie 90 kroner.
Mobile phone 179 kroner.

That is around 2,650 kroner a month. Or around £320.

My morning paper is 639 kroner a month. Or around 77 quid.

Only a complete idiot would pay that.

It's only expensive if you have all the sport & film packages.

Basic Sky is £25 a month

I get the full cable package here Inc all sports (even UK ppv is free to air here) and movies and all the shite channels no one watches plus GB internet and pay less than 10quid with a discount (full price would be 25quid) - sky/bt/virgin is a rip off

Back