tv packages

I can’t get thru to virgin either, was on £35/month for big bundle which was fine, but deal ran out and it’s went up to £59 a month, and the connection seems t be much shitter since so many people are WFH.

I used to get straight thru, tell someone I’ve been with them years, get a shit offer, refuse it and be put through to cancellations For a decent deal, them were the days.
I rang them from my mobile on Friday as my deal was due to end on Dec 20th, currently at £45.89 and would have gone up to £59. Spoke to a lass, she said the best she could do was £68 a month and I said no thanks - put me through to retentions, "I am retentions" she said :lol:. She said she'd put me through to disconnections, the bloke managed to get my current package (unchanged) for £46.89 a month, so for the sake of £1 I agreed and it's an 18 month contract this time (the last one was just 12 months).
The first lass was a snarky arsehole, I just told the next bloke I'd been eyeing up Sky's new customer deals and had a nice chat with him / he did his best.
My deal runs out in Jan @£33 for the big bundle. Any advice on how to keep it this way would be great, as it will go up to £64 then.
Nee chance will you keep it at £33 tbh, think the best you may get is what I'm paying (I have XL TV including BT sports, 100mb broadband, home phone with weekend calls etc).

Last edited:

If you call them now the kernts may pick up the phone by jan.
Just had a look, if I get broadband only @£24.99 and TV player @£69/ year and Discovery Plus (free) for Quest TV...threaten them with that?

Or maybe just bin Virgin?

Last edited:
Me too fella, been with them since it was NTL - I always advise them of that when bartering :lol:
I remember getting my first cable box in my own name when I still Lived at home, think I was 16, I’m 42 now. Clearly customer loyalty means nothing to them anymore. Which is odd as last year when I rang them they were the ones who brought it up to me.

I have at present sky package that costs £98 a month. I am paying BT £82 a month for broadband, bt sports and phone. £180 draws in a sharp intake of breath.
My BT broadband expires early next month. In all the years I have had very little problems with BT. My email address is bt and macafee security is used on phones and tablets
we also have to sky q minis and find sky go useful (mainly for my grandson who is in the navy and finds it useful when in base)

Ive started looking around.
BT have this vip tv package which is £65 + broadband £70 (wont have to pay for hd bt sports) Looks like you can buy boxes so can have it in 2 bedrooms and living room
I notice, you need a working aerial.
How good is the tv (I know it will depend on reception) but generally how good is the tv and picture etc. will I lose bt email and I think it is a sayer that I will lose macafee for all mobiles and tablets

sky, dont want to use them for broadband. tv package seems expensive

virgin media

can get a canny package for £102 a month for 18 months and then £146 for another 18 months. unlimited broadband. drawback only 1 minibox allowed and no tablet app. wife not happy that we cant have a full package for grandsons room and loss of app)

what are peoples thoughts about the packages and whats on offer.

I pay £39 / month for 100gb broadband and mid level TV package with Virgin (no sports and low movies).

I'm stunned by the amounts you're being charged.

If I was you I'd phone the thieving tw*ts at BT and tell I want 12 months free or I'm never using BT for anything ever again.

I pay £39 / month for 100gb broadband and mid level TV package with Virgin (no sports and low movies).

I'm stunned by the amounts you're being charged.

If I was you I'd phone the thieving tw*ts at BT and tell I want 12 months free or I'm never using BT for anything ever again.

Thats good for 100Gb :)
Doesn't everyone have Freeview through the telly?
Yes, if you’re tele isn’t really really shit.

BT sport's went up to £13 from 9 a month so got binned. Pay Sky £44 a month for news,sport,movies, cinema does me. Broadband and landline calls is abot£130 a quarter and 2 mobiles at £25 a month for me and wife. As a pensioner that's enough for me.

Just had an absolute ballache off virgin.

needed bb, tv n 2 phone lines, saved £30 switching from bt.

knackers installed 1 phone n no tv and are trying to have my eyes out to rectify it. That deals on for £45 (1 phone) but theyre claiming i cant have it as its new customers only yet ive been there a bastard week.

Probably viewed as racist but if foreign callcentres are unable to process a simple order or even get any of my names right:) they need binning off.
Spent a fortune trying to sort on phone then today they claim callcentres shut now due to covid.

Gut feeling is virgins yer best bet once in but ensure the arseholes agree with your order.
We’re stuck with BT as we’re people of principle. Murdoch no thanks. Branson naaah.

Back