tv packages

£27 for sky fibre (they put it back up every year or so, so i have to do the tired old dance with customer service to get them to knock it back down)
£4 Amazon Prime (student rates)
£60 a year hooky sports sub
Whatever Real Debrid costs (think its about £16 quarterly)
Disney+ current free but will be getting binned off when they start charging for it

Sky currently have some decent Black Friday offers on that are for new and existing customers.

Can get the top TV package for £66 a month that includes sports, movies, multi room, box sets, uhd, and Netflix.

I was under contract for 3 more months but that’s only £2 a month more than I pay now so I just rang up and got them to apply it. Could have probably negotiated cheaper when my contract was up but it saved the rigmarole of the annual negotiations.

Many thanks for the heads up with this @beezer

These Black Friday deals were about to pass me by, as I assumed they were for new customers only.

Just saved myself £20 a month resubscribing to my existing package 👍

Thanks again.

Has Virgin started doing any deals around Fulwell following all of the cables they've been laying there? Thought they normally did leaflet drops with some good deals, need a sports package for my dad.

Just signed up for virgin, 112meg bb, home phone free evening/weekend, TiVo box included (use iptv for sport), And 5gig/month mobile sim thrown in, all for £33/month, oh and first 3 months now free too, oh and if you contact me for sign up I think we both get £50 cash too!

We are paying nearly £100 a month for virgin, plus we pay extra for amazon prime and now TV.

We have the sports package on now TV for a few months on offer of 25 a month.

We never use the house phone from virgin and their TV package is the basic package. No sports or movies....yet we still pay close to £100 a month.

Now, I hear you say, " why don't you just get shot of it or reduce it to just broadband."
Good question and one I'd like help to answer.

I've tried and tried to get through to them...or my wife has, to do just this and we cannot get in touch.
We've tried the phone which leaves us on a wait thing and then cuts us off.
We've tried the internet where they ask about changing package or leaving and when we click on that it brings us right back around to square one.

If anyone knows a way to actually get through to these people to downgrade I'd appreciate it....but bear in mind I'm being absolutely honest about all the attempts we've tried...and to no avail.

Email returns nothing. It's almost as if they know people are going to cancel and just ignore.

Appreciate any help.
cancel the DD. They'll be in touch....guaranteed.

I have at present sky package that costs £98 a month. I am paying BT £82 a month for broadband, bt sports and phone. £180 draws in a sharp intake of breath.
My BT broadband expires early next month. In all the years I have had very little problems with BT. My email address is bt and macafee security is used on phones and tablets
we also have to sky q minis and find sky go useful (mainly for my grandson who is in the navy and finds it useful when in base)

Ive started looking around.
BT have this vip tv package which is £65 + broadband £70 (wont have to pay for hd bt sports) Looks like you can buy boxes so can have it in 2 bedrooms and living room
I notice, you need a working aerial.
How good is the tv (I know it will depend on reception) but generally how good is the tv and picture etc. will I lose bt email and I think it is a sayer that I will lose macafee for all mobiles and tablets

sky, dont want to use them for broadband. tv package seems expensive

virgin media

can get a canny package for £102 a month for 18 months and then £146 for another 18 months. unlimited broadband. drawback only 1 minibox allowed and no tablet app. wife not happy that we cant have a full package for grandsons room and loss of app)

what are peoples thoughts about the packages and whats on offer.
Far too much marra, I have virgin TV/unlimited broadband/phone(free weekday landline calls) and I pay pennies over £50 a month, they'll have black Friday deals which will at least match that;

*you also get the option of a mobile sim for £7 and their customer services are very good
How is your Prime so cheap my friend ? xx
I have it on a student subscription, it's only £3.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Far too much marra, I have virgin TV/unlimited broadband/phone(free weekday landline calls) and I pay pennies over £50 a month, they'll have black Friday deals which will at least match that;

*you also get the option of a mobile sim for £7 and their customer services are very good

I have it on a student subscription, it's only £3.99
Yeah @AndrewP clarified this earlier in the thread :D

I can’t get thru to virgin either, was on £35/month for big bundle which was fine, but deal ran out and it’s went up to £59 a month, and the connection seems t be much shitter since so many people are WFH.

I used to get straight thru, tell someone I’ve been with them years, get a shit offer, refuse it and be put through to cancellations For a decent deal, them were the days.

I can’t get thru to virgin either, was on £35/month for big bundle which was fine, but deal ran out and it’s went up to £59 a month, and the connection seems t be much shitter since so many people are WFH.

I used to get straight thru, tell someone I’ve been with them years, get a shit offer, refuse it and be put through to cancellations For a decent deal, them were the days.

im thinking of blocking payments till they respond.

Virginmedia - £89 for 500 mb internet, two boxes, bt sports, sky sports and filums, unlimited calls on home phone and sim for mobile with unlimited everything. I think the OP needs to have a word with BT, Sky or himself for paying that much.

Internet Protocol TV.
As simple as downloading an app (IPTVSmarters a common one) Find a supplier and they'll send you log-in details in exchange for a payment (might even do a free trial)
It gives yu every sport channel you can think of. SKY/BT/ESPN and loads more. You should in theory be able to watch any Premiership game plus a lot of Championship, Div1 and 2 via ifollow. All PPV events. It pretty much offers everything SKY offers movies, docs etc.
Can be brilliant but occasionally drops. But i'd suggest 95%+ of the time it's spot on.

Ditto marra

My deal runs out in Jan @£33 for the big bundle. Any advice on how to keep it this way would be great, as it will go up to £64 then.

My deal runs out in Jan @£33 for the big bundle. Any advice on how to keep it this way would be great, as it will go up to £64 then.

They just don’t answer anymore, you get automated response on the online chat and they never contact you, it’s unreal that a business can operate like this. Their customer services used to be good, this is unreal, just to blame coronavirus when in reality that should have little to no affect on how their services and customer support operate.

I have at present sky package that costs £98 a month. I am paying BT £82 a month for broadband, bt sports and phone. £180 draws in a sharp intake of breath.
My BT broadband expires early next month. In all the years I have had very little problems with BT. My email address is bt and macafee security is used on phones and tablets
we also have to sky q minis and find sky go useful (mainly for my grandson who is in the navy and finds it useful when in base)

Ive started looking around.
BT have this vip tv package which is £65 + broadband £70 (wont have to pay for hd bt sports) Looks like you can buy boxes so can have it in 2 bedrooms and living room
I notice, you need a working aerial.
How good is the tv (I know it will depend on reception) but generally how good is the tv and picture etc. will I lose bt email and I think it is a sayer that I will lose macafee for all mobiles and tablets

sky, dont want to use them for broadband. tv package seems expensive

My BT Sport/TV comes through the broadband

Back