tv packages

£300 a year for crap channels.

Only a complete idiot would pay that.

If it wasnt for owa lass, I probably wouldn't bother with it. Think it's only her MTV reality shite thats on a subscription channel we're effectively paying for.

I get the full cable package here Inc all sports (even UK ppv is free to air here) and movies and all the shite channels no one watches plus GB internet and pay less than 10quid with a discount (full price would be 25quid) - sky/bt/virgin is a rip off
Fuck off man, you have cheap telly, cheap beer, cheap food and cheap property. Is anything over there expensive?

What sort of prices you looking at property wise? Similar to here?

Well over what you pay in the north east - we looked at one the other week which was basically an extended terraced cottage (similar to the ones off sea road) - not much change out of 300k.

Move out of the city and you can pick up a 4 bed detached with pool for not much more like.

Well over what you pay in the north east - we looked at one the other week which was basically an extended terraced cottage (similar to the ones off sea road) - not much change out of 300k.

Move out of the city and you can pick up a 4 bed detached with pool for not much more like.
Kinell. We are looking at Northumberland and the price variations are massive. Morpeth is the preferred area but think Stobhill is more likely due to prices and parking.

Kinell. We are looking at Northumberland and the price variations are massive. Morpeth is the preferred area but think Stobhill is more likely due to prices and parking.

Flat downstairs for us just sold for more than double what we paid for ours - last few years it's gone nuts . So many companies expanding/locating here the demand is mental - I'll get 6-700quid a month rent for this place when we move because if it

thanks to all who advised. one word of warning dont log into your sky account (if existing subscriber) as if you take advantage of the black friday deals, it sends you round in circles.
Here is how I got on in case others were wondering about doing the same
I telephoned the number shown and eventually got through to sky on Saturday morning.
gave the lass (she was from up here, but I guest, 12 miles up the road as she kept saying wi for we / me) the details and what I wanted to happen. no hassle even though we were contracted to late next year.
took the major package, includes netflix, broadband and phone. Whole lot for £83. That means a saving of £100+ a month. It a straight 18 month contract.
Telephoned BT and asked about email address and cancelling sky sports. sky sports will automatically be cancelled. email address if using (she said outlook, but means mainframe, edge ) we can keep it and its free (will be asked). if you want access to email via phone or on other devices it is £7.50 a month. not happy that I didnt give BT a call as she said, she could have reduced the broadband down (mentioning for 3 or 4 months).That 3 or 4 months then back in same position.
In fairness, a tv aerial installer I know, I sought his advice. he said BT is cheapest if you get all but a lot of the services may be through an aerial (having a working aerial is a condition). he said as advised by a lot on here, call sky and if you get no joy as for cancelations. one thing I did not ask bt, was do I loose the mcafee security app which comes free with bt broadband. ive got a few apps downloaded onto tablets phones and laptop

Still got a massive crt 26” colour telly & top-loading Ferguson vcr from Radio Rentals. Betamax is better but most went for vhs. RF cables obvs. Said I’d be able to tune in the 16, aye 16, channels when satellite came out. Lying, robbing bastards.

Back