TV License Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really, cos you were saying a license is optional...it isn't for anyone who wants to watch anything.

Ok, you could not buy one, but then you cant watch anything.

I bet Murdoch would love to be able to impose tax on everyone like this :lol:
Where does all the money go from Nike, Persil, Walkers, Cadbury's, McDonalds etc ? to advertise products during non-BBC broadcasts ? Into Murdoch's pocket ? As well as the subscriptions ?

Where does all the money go from Nike, Persil, Walkers, Cadbury's, McDonalds etc ? to advertise products during non-BBC broadcasts ? Into Murdoch's pocket ? As well as the subscriptions ?

They all make money from other methods, they are businesses.

I just have one gripe which is very simple, you should not be forced to pay the BBC to watch all other tv. It should be an option like all other subscription services.

I'd just like to point out...Most of Sky Sports Live output is filmed by telly tax paid for OB units subcontracted... but you know, most of the 21 million households in the UK don't want to have to subscribe to the Sky entertainment package before even getting the opportunity of a sports subscription package option.

They all make money from other methods, they are businesses.

I just have one gripe which is very simple, you should not be forced to pay the BBC to watch all other tv. It should be an option like all other subscription services.
Difficult though when any telly bought from a shop has BBC pretty much built into it. Whereas to watch Sky you'd have to buy a Sky box/dish.
I know what you mean though. I used to have a gripe with paying it then I realised all my favourite stuff was on BBC so started paying it. Only fair.

The TV licence worked out weekly is about the same price as a one f***ing pint a week

Yet people still twist and some cases avoid paying it altogether greedy fuckers.

It. Is. Not. About. The. Cost. :lol:

Would you mind if you had to pay the same amount weekly for the below as well:

Sky
Virgin
BT
EE

All only a few quid a week (which is only the price of a pint ffs!)

I mean it isn't much to pay. Great deal, even if you never watch them, aye?

May as well chuck a few quid a week in to pay some other places as well. Why not.

Difficult though when any telly bought from a shop has BBC pretty much built into it. Whereas to watch Sky you'd have to buy a Sky box/dish.
I know what you mean though. I used to have a gripe with paying it then I realised all my favourite stuff was on BBC so started paying it. Only fair.

Thats only due to the way the BBC setup. It doesn't have to be like that.

I pay for a license, I just think it's mad that I have to pay for it regardless if I watch or not. That isn't choice, its forced tax.

Sky
Virgin
BT
EE

May as well chuck a few quid a week in to pay some other places as well. Why not.

I pay for a license, I just think it's mad that I have to pay for it regardless if I watch or not. That isn't choice, its forced tax.

Line of Duty one programme is worth the licence fee alone

Not to be mention the night manager brilliant series

It's class. As is planet earth.

But then again so are loads of shows on sky.

To reiterate no issues with paying for something if I want it, but shouldn't be forced on us to watch owt.

Yeah suppose I agree with you on that point alone, just think there is plenty who do watch the BBC who will continue to pay whatever is charged for a one pint, but twist like fuck for paying the same amount for one week of the BBC.

Sky
Virgin
BT
EE

what's the potential repercussions of not paying like ? I pay because I watch any amount of BBC stuff. If I didn't, I don't think I'd pay.

In the 70 years of the telly tax.. no one has come up with a better way or idea.

I'd just give the BBC £4billion a year from general taxation and ring fence it leaving in place all we have now... but then what do I know...

Grey area it seems. Check out youtube for those who refuse to pay :lol:
I used to be one. Never paid for couple of years when I was young and rebellious. I took no notice of the letters but it put our lass under a bit of stress and I matured and realised the only things I watched were BBC products so I started paying them. No extra charge, no backdated payments. It seems you only pay if you want to.

what's the potential repercussions of not paying like ? I pay because I watch any amount of BBC stuff. If I didn't, I don't think I'd pay.
At worst you'll not be allowed to watch live broadcast telly... People have been sent to prison though, but that is due to them defying courts of law imposing fines on them, and they not paying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back