TV License Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to 6 Music and will be switching to R4 for a catch up on Today when Keaveney is finished.

Great listening to stuff that's not constantly bombarded with adverts.

same with TV licence

To watch sky sports only you pay sky and also bbc license, even if you don't want/need bbc.

Not really optional like sky.

True, but bbc provide a much wider ranging service, be it tv or radio and offers good value imo.

This argument is madness.

A brand new Porsche 911 for £15k is good value for money, but I don't have to buy one to watch emmerdale on ITV, or Simpsons on sky one...

Sky are able to send you their programmes or not dependent on whether you pay, can't the BBC do the same?
I hardly watch TV but still enjoy having the facility.

They could, but why would they I suppose when they can force everyone else to fund it!

Last edited:
To watch sky sports only you pay sky and also bbc license, even if you don't want/need bbc.

Not really optional like sky.

This argument is madness.

A brand new Porsche 911 for £15k is good value for money, but I don't have to buy one to watch emmerdale on ITV, or Simpsons on sky one...

They could, but why would they I suppose when they can force everyone else to fund it!
If no one paid it there'd be no more MOTD and other great BBC products though. Unless they sold out to advertisers.

Well, you know what I mean. There's loads of good stuff on BBC, I wont rattle off the ones I like but there's loads, and I'm sure there's loads you like. And part of the appeal
is the fact there's no adverts imo like.
Personally I think their natural history stuff is worth the fee alone.

Still don't pay it like.

They must have spent £60 sending me letters over the last three years. I get one about every week. Don't have any need for a TV licence but they continue to send threatening letters to "the homeowner".

They can get fucked the little freaks. They reckon they are paying me a visit, good luck to them, they can stand outside as long as they like.
:lol::lol:

Reactions: mux
They must have spent £60 sending me letters over the last three years. I get one about every week. Don't have any need for a TV licence but they continue to send threatening letters to "the homeowner".

They can get fucked the little freaks. They reckon they are paying me a visit, good luck to them, they can stand outside as long as they like.
Well said.

Reactions: mux
No adverts on the bbc tv, radio or websites. A great thing.

Loads of brilliant stuff done by the bbc, funded by the licence.
Attenborough stuff, Peaky Blinders, Line of Duty, The Missing, Peter Kay's car share, fools and horses, alan partridge , the office, match of the day.
Question time, bbc radio 4 extra, BBC6music
The bbc websites are excellent.
BBC4 is a good channel and the music stuff on a friday night is outstanding.

The bbc is full of high quality content across all it's platforms, and is well worth the money.

The licence fee is essential for the BBC to continue to produce quality programming like Miranda and Mrs Brown's Boys.

They cater for everybody.

No adverts on the bbc tv, radio or websites. A great thing.

Loads of brilliant stuff done by the bbc, funded by the licence.
Attenborough stuff, Peaky Blinders, Line of Duty, The Missing, Peter Kay's car share, fools and horses, alan partridge , the office, match of the day.
Question time, bbc radio 4 extra, BBC6music
The bbc websites are excellent.
BBC4 is a good channel and the music stuff on a friday night is outstanding.

The bbc is full of high quality content across all it's platforms, and is well worth the money.

They cater for everybody.

Another one missing the point completely! :lol:

Is it worth £10 a month? Aye, probably it is! Nobody disputes that...

What people dispute is it being forced on them to watch ANYTHING!

The same ones who complain about paying for the licence fee are usually the same ones who like downloading free music and movies as well.

:lol:

Another general statement just like the sweeping 'bbc is mint what you all complaining about'

It's to difficult to understand, give people the option.

Believe it or not I bet some people pay bbc tax, pay for sky and also subscribe to legitimate music services and/or buy stuff. As well as downloading stuff. Choice is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back