TV licence

They can't take a side. This is the point you seem to be missing. It's hard to hold something to account and remain impartial.
That said they could do with binning Jon Humphreys and Andrew Neil

There must be something of some of their output that you use or benefit from

There is nothing, no iPlayer, no radio or apps, dont watch their channels. It’s of no use to me. Others I have spoken to watch lots of bbc programs and I did years back, last couple of years though nothing.

I have missed no such point mate. If you believe that the BBC have never taken sides then you are naive. Their coverage over 9/11 7/7 war on terror etc has shown they are nothing but a propaganda mouthpiece for the powers that be.

Do you rent or own your tin hat?

There is nothing, no iPlayer, no radio or apps, dont watch their channels. It’s of no use to me. Others I have spoken to watch lots of bbc programs and I did years back, last couple of years though nothing.

It wouldn't surprise me if you watched things created by or for the BBC but maybe didn't realise

Lad I work with doesnt bother. Gets letters monthly from them saying they are sending someone round but never gets a knock on the door. I would imagine there are many many people doing the same thing.

I work away and there's 2 of us share a flat. we both have a licence at home and just thought to fuck with paying for another tv licence.

we've had an assortment of letters and threats for years and fk all comes of them.

Cannot remember hearing of anyone being copped for not having a tv license for years. Used to appear regularly in the court roundup column of the local rag so doubt they plow much resources into detection now.

I think its difficult to justify a tv license given the numerous devices you can watch on, and the ever increasing number of stations you can watch for free never mind the subscription channels.

Cannot remember hearing of anyone being copped for not having a tv license for years. Used to appear regularly in the court roundup column of the local rag so doubt they plow much resources into detection now.

I think its difficult to justify a tv license given the numerous devices you can watch on, and the ever increasing number of stations you can watch for free never mind the subscription channels.

Considering how much things like Netflix cost compares to how much the license fee is, you're getting a very good deal from the BBC.

Paying a licence fee belongs back in the dark ages.
Never come across it in any other country during my travels, though there maybe one or two.
As for the endless threatening letters, they all go straight in the bin.

Paying a licence fee belongs back in the dark ages.
Never come across it in any other country during my travels, though there maybe one or two.
As for the endless threatening letters, they all go straight in the bin.

So you've never been to Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, Czech Republic, Albania, Ireland, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Italy, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Greece (who put it on the electricity bill) or Switzerland?

Television licence - Wikipedia

I'd be happy for the BBC to be subscription based as long as out means out. No BBC website, no BBC TV, no going to a mate's to watch, no going to the pub when the World Cup is on. This applies to spouses and children as well. Your daughter goes to a friend's house for a sleep over on a Saturday, no Strictly or X Factor in that household, for example.

Back