TV Freeview Recorder

Just ditched Virgin and just going with freeview TV (well apart from my erm subscription :) ) so need a new recorder box.

Humax, BT Youview & Manhattan seem to be the dominant names. Any recommendations or pros & cons from these would be welcome from existing users.

We've got a hard drive plugged into the tv. Can't remember the last time we used it. Nearly everything we want to watch later is on catchup.

Just ditched Virgin and just going with freeview TV (well apart from my erm subscription :) ) so need a new recorder box.

Humax, BT Youview & Manhattan seem to be the dominant names. Any recommendations or pros & cons from these would be welcome from existing users.
Humax make a lot of the Youview boxes. They're canny enough if you really need them.

Even if you don't have a smart TV, for £35 you can get a 4k Firestick and install all the catch up apps on it, and some, er, other stuff.

Been using a refurbished Humax for over 3 years without any problems, might be some codes knocking about to get the prices lower:

Humax make a lot of the Youview boxes. They're canny enough if you really need them.

Even if you don't have a smart TV, for £35 you can get a 4k Firestick and install all the catch up apps on it, and some, er, other stuff.

The 4k fire sticks are spot on. They're all I use these days. I have a sky sub but only switch it on once a week for viewerslogic.

I've just sacked sky off and got a Manhattan box, works fine and they randomly sent me an email saying they're going to give me a 3 year warranty because they'd sent me some other emails by mistake which I hadn't read.

Decent of them I thought
Why the fuck record anything off council tele? Iplayer, ITV hub etc
Just convenience really, can series link things and they won't expire like they do on demand, can keep cartoons and Disney on the planner for the kids when they're bored.

Last edited:

Back