TV DVD combi

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaylorBoosh

Midfield
Bought one of these for the daughter for Christmas (she's only 2). Working great till a couple a weeks ago I came in from work to our lass letting her play with the remote now when it plays dvds it plays them with no sound. Sound works on the tv itself through HDMI and normal tv. Anyone any ideas? It's a Bush 24 inch led tv DVD combi.

Is it all DVDs or just "new" ones? Do ones that previously worked play okay?

Does it take audio cds in the DVD tray? Do they work?

Is it all DVDs or just "new" ones? Do ones that previously worked play okay?

Does it take audio cds in the DVD tray? Do they work?
All dvds which have previously worked perfect before with sound don't play sound now but play no bother. I've not tried audio CD in tray.

Its not something like different audio settings for each source? my old tele was like that, each different source you could have its own sound and picture settings. You have tried to turn up the volume i assume?

Its not something like different audio settings for each source? my old tele was like that, each different source you could have its own sound and picture settings. You have tried to turn up the volume i assume?
Yes turned the volume up and down. I've been into source and it says DVD source is enabled. That's the only thing really I can find for settings and things I've tried. I've also tried resetting back to factory settings and still the same.

Most logical explanation would be it's passing digital audio out via spdif instead of to the internal speakers. Check the sound options for something like audio passthrough.

Also could be Dolby sound system setting, if so set it to PCM instead. What's the make and model?

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm amazed it took this long for a negative comment. I expected the usual insults aimed at the OP's choice of electronics.

Could it be a language setting problem? Maybe the bairn has inadvertently chosen a strange default setting and if not supported by the individual disk then you hear nowt?

To be honest, I'm amazed it took this long for a negative comment. I expected the usual insults aimed at the OP's choice of electronics.

Could it be a language setting problem? Maybe the bairn has inadvertently chosen a strange default setting and if not supported by the individual disk then you hear nowt?
I was gonna mention the brand, but thought the nipper may have picked it out, so didn't like to criticise a 2 yr old:lol:

Bought one of these for the daughter for Christmas (she's only 2). Working great till a couple a weeks ago I came in from work to our lass letting her play with the remote now when it plays dvds it plays them with no sound. Sound works on the tv itself through HDMI and normal tv. Anyone any ideas? It's a Bush 24 inch led tv DVD combi.

Phone the bush helpline. They might know a bit more than the gormless fuckers on here.

Saying that I'd have been better off asking the neighbours dog about the last problem I had when I phoned a helpline.

Personally I'd try and rake the receipt out and take it back, they'll probably just swap it.

Negative comments re tech must only come from young'uns.

I'd have killed for a colour bush telly with built in video player as a youth.

I had a f***ing black and white portable. you had to change channels by turning a knob to tune into them..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back