Tv coverage for the final

Channel 4 will carry Sky’s coverage of the cricket final from 9am. Cricket coverage moves to More 4 at 1.15pm while the British Grand Prix airs on Channel 4 with the cricket returning to Channel 4 after the race has finished.

So it should be on council telly. The game needs a shot in the arm and if millions of kids witness England winning the world cup it would be big stuff especially with the T20 coming up.
T20 Durham next Friday, free for under 19s

I bet it'd never have happened under Giles Clarke - new ECB will have asked Sky for the odd favour like this in awarding them the next TV deal imo.
Could be. There must be a story here. It's good news, for the minute, much like BT's gesture over the Champions League final. But I wonder if the subtext here is to do with protected events? (e.g.'We'll let everyone see the World Cup Final if England make it').

Last edited:
Could be. There must be a story here. It's good news, for the minute, much like BT's gesture over the Champions League final. But I wonder if the subtext here is to do with protected events? (e.g.'We'll let everyone see the World Cup Final if England make it').

BT's was contractual and even that was a bit snidey as it was put on YouTube rather than Freeview. There'll be a generation that don't watch things on YouTube or have access to it.

BT's was contractual and even that was a bit snidey as it was put on YouTube rather than Freeview. There'll be a generation that don't watch things on YouTube or have access to it.
I blew that YouTube coverage of the champs league off. It was a terrible juddering stream. I got one via nbc hd smooth as anything

Back