Tv Aerial

Teejay

Striker
Never had one for years, relying on satellite or cable instead. But sick of virgin and sky - do i need one on the roof and if so, how much to get someone in to do it, with cables to 6 rooms?

Never had one for years, relying on satellite or cable instead. But sick of virgin and sky - do i need one on the roof and if so, how much to get someone in to do it, with cables to 6 rooms?
Have you not got one running into your loft? We’re you can put a splitter and then just run the cables yourself, therefore costing next to nothing?

Think my Mam paid something like £120, four years ago, for a cable to two rooms.

Someone on here will be able to give you a better idea, I just tried to adjust for inflation and extra work.
Thanks. Sounds a plausible number.

Why bother? Just get a Netflix account and use smart apps for live BBC/itv etc.
Mrs and kids like watching live tv. Having said that, if the broadband was reliable id have no problem with that.

Last edited:
Mines is in the loft and works ok.

I used a preprogrammed tv (find someone with an aerial, use their wire, tune your tv ), home made wire from aerial to splitter, splitter to tv in the loft, move aerial until you get a picture. It’s not really like the old days, you either get a picture or you don’t.

Once you have a picture run wires to your rooms, job done.

Main thing is to use decent cable, at least satellite/cable grade.

Worst case, you get no signal in your loft and you then get a fitter to out the aerial on your roof.

Back