Turmeric

Mackem00

Striker
Started consuming this (in tablet form) on a daily basis fairly recently after reading of the many benefits it apparently provides. Anyone else bother and have they seen any positives/negatives from it?

It sounds pretty amazing tbf.

Can't say I have but I'd be interested in reading about the benefits if you have a link pls?

I've read you have to eat vast quantities to get any benefit.

I use it in my food as a spice. Great colour.
Dr Gregor recommends about half a teaspoon a day.

I try to add it to meals mixed with black pepper if I can. It goes well in things like omelets. I decided to grow it in my polytunnel. I got some lovely plants with the original root attached to it so no joy

Whether it's a coincidence or not I can report back my general aches and pains around calves, heels, tendons has definitely eased since starting this. I'm probably just stretching more mind but I'm gonna try and keep it up anyway.

Fell out of the habit but yeah read good things . I used to stir a good spoonful into warm milk and neck it every morning
Got told to take it by a physio who was a bit eccentric but fixed me when others couldn't
May start again

Its the curcumin within turmeric that is the super ingredient, so if anyone is looking to buy turmeric capsules check the curcumin content not the turmeric. I think the benefits start at 500mg per day, for context i think there is about 200mg of curcumin in a teaspoon of turmeric.

Also, curcumin isn't that well absorbed into our system so it is advisable to add something to help it absorb better. There may be other things but black pepper helps curcumin absorb into our body more efficiently.

Aye take it in capsule form every day, along with other vitamins and supplements.
Do a very physical job and I’ve got less aches n pains than I had 10 year ago. We’ll ive got none actually!
Maybe the fact I’m 2 stone lighter, eat healthier, or all of the above.

Get a lot of pain in my wrists and hands, started taking this a while back and the pain eased off, ran out and the pain returned, got some more and the pain eased. I’m convinced it’s due to this stuff.

Get a lot of pain in my wrists and hands, started taking this a while back and the pain eased off, ran out and the pain returned, got some more and the pain eased. I’m convinced it’s due to this stuff.

How many days does it usually take for the benefits to kick in ?

How many days does it usually take for the benefits to kick in ?
It was a few days for me, still taking them and despite the gym training which usually knacks my hands, I’ve had relatively little pain compared to usual. Done a fair bit of cooking with tumeric in lately too.
Make sure they come with black peppper and curcumin.

Last edited:
Have been taking turmeric (inc curcumin) tablets for a few days. Have noticed I get red blotches around cheekbones / face in the couple of hours after taking one of them. Anyone else notice this ?

Back