Turkish grub

Not my favourite thing in the world but tried that Mangal House in Fencehouses last week (ate in) and was impressed. Had the mixed grill... lamb shish, chicken shish, a minced lamb kebab thing and a lamb chop. Very nice.

Not my favourite thing in the world but tried that Mangal House in Fencehouses last week (ate in) and was impressed. Had the mixed grill... lamb shish, chicken shish, a minced lamb kebab thing and a lamb chop. Very nice.
I've had a few takeaways from there and it is really nice. Expensive for a takeaway not bad if eating in.
Enfes is still there, I was there earlier in the week and they updated their Facebook status just 6 hours ago
Aye I was on about Taboullah being closed not Enfes but my post wasn't clear.

I've had a few takeaways from there and it is really nice. Expensive for a takeaway not bad if eating in.

Aye I was on about Taboullah being closed not Enfes but my post wasn't clear.
Aye, the price put me off trying the takeaway a bit so thought it best to give it a whirl eating in. Nice.

Will no doubt give the takeaway a go now at some point.

Place off the high street in Birtley is class. A'la Turka.

Probably been mentioned already.

Went a few years ago and it was class.
Aylaz is class. Owner used to run the Ottoman in Newcastle which was also spot on but wanted to be closer to home in Sunderland. Restaurant quality bait.
Might try it this week.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Aylaz is closing.
Aye, it's a shame like. You can sort of see why, because it must be hard to keep the overheads down when the main content of your scran is meat, and people won't be rushing to spend forty quid a pop on a takeaway. It's not like a pizza shop where the raw materials are pennies.

Back